Is the Gamebuino shop running? Buy somewhere else?

Talk about (almost) anything

Is the Gamebuino shop running? Buy somewhere else?

Postby quosa » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:41 pm

I would like to buy a gamebuino. I have ordered and payed one in the shop but i am wondering if there is another option to buy a gamebuino.
(is the shop active? i got no response, and it seams that the gamebuino is out of stock)

Personaly i am selling lots of stuff on ebay, even chinese "crap". Is there a chinese cheap reseller for gamebuino? Has anybody ordered gamebuino pcb's? I am thinking if it might be worth to order the production of a gamebuino-clone and sell it in europe on ebay. I think there should not be a licencing nor import problem.
quosa

Re: Is the Gamebuino shop running? Buy somewhere else?

Postby rodot » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:32 pm

Hello there,

Yes the online shop is up and running, but Gamebuino is out of stock because of the buzz in France. I do my best to get all the parts and start assembly as soon as possible, and will ship the orders within two weeks. You'll receive your tracking number when your order is shipped. I ordered enough not to run out of stock again, sorry for this transitional period.

I usually answer the messages within 48 hours, how did you try to contact me ? For anything related to orders, please log in into the shop and use the contact form.

Gamebuino are already sent from Europe as I'm French ;)

Best,
Aurélien Rodot
rodot
Site Admin

Postby erico » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:40 pm

The cases over at the store look awesome!

Hey Rodot, I haven´t checked the store in full yet but just in case, if not already done, try looking at some alternatives (from the indie gogo campaign) on shipping.
erico

Postby rodot » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Shipping is improved over what was available during the indiegogo campaign, now it's sent through priority airmail with a tracking number and usually arrives under 10 days worldwide. I think I'll add express shipping like DHL, but for now it doesn't make sense to pay for express shipping when the product is out of stock. Also express shipping is going to be more expensive than the product itself :(
rodot
Site Admin

Postby quosa » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm

thanks for the answer, i have used the reply button (section: order in the shop) but i get a postreply error eachtime - perhaps you had some issues with the sendmailer. I can solder/put together/burn bootloader myself (would you like to sell it also this way?) if you have not enough time.
quosa

Postby erico » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:36 pm

rodot wrote:Shipping is improved over what was available during the indiegogo campaign, now it's sent through priority airmail with a tracking number and usually arrives under 10 days worldwide. I think I'll add express shipping like DHL, but for now it doesn't make sense to pay for express shipping when the product is out of stock. Also express shipping is going to be more expensive than the product itself :(

Yep, there is an arcade controller I wanted to buy ages ago, problem is that the shipping and taxes will make it cost 3 to 4x the price of the product rendering my dream controller something that will require an absurd investment. :(

Either way, it is good to know there are alternatives to shipping. I don´t see a reason for more then priority airmail unless someone is really in a hurry, in which case, paying the price for speed can be acceptable.
erico

Postby Skyrunner65 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:53 pm

How much do you pay for express shipping rodot?
Also, can we have a choice of paying full price, but having regular mail?
I wouldn't mind waiting a few days to save you some euros. :)
Skyrunner65

Postby erico » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Regular shipping to Brasil = ~4 months.
But you should be fin in the US.

edit: @skyrunner, you can also try the contact on the store for quotings.
erico

Return to General forum