problem with kickstarter

Talk about (almost) anything

problem with kickstarter

Postby adekto » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:41 am

hi, i just want to let u be aware that kickstarter isnt the best.
the main problem is that they dont allow paypal and only credit card via amazon, this is mostly in eu a problem not everyone has a credit card

idk how to solve this exect problem but one way of doing it is like the star citizen, with a other campain on your webside that can use paypal (and other payment methods)
adekto

Re: problem with kickstarter

Postby rodot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi Adekto,
I agree with you, that's why I think about crowd-funding it on indiegogo, because they use paypal, and kickstarter is not available in France. Any feedback about this platform ?
rodot
Site Admin

Postby adekto » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:20 pm

i have been part of a indiegogo campaign i was not the lead but i know it was a bit hard, basicly indiegogo has not got the same attraction as kickstarter, it's really unknown to most people so the thing is u need to build up your own fanbase and or have some external help from for example youtubers or other internet celebrities to help out just a few articles won't do im afraid

i take the example of youtubers since they have so much spread, just a suggestion but id consider sending out a few prototypes out to vintage video game reviewers and electronics reviewer’s

i'm just going to give an example of one of these reviewers, i present to you ashens and wel apart from the sarcastic remarks and brown couch he got probably the match for this product since he reviews pop-stations (lcd games) ashens youtube
adekto

Postby rodot » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:30 am

Hey,
I know that indiegogo is not really popular, but yet I think that it's the most popular after kickstarter, isn't it ?
very nice idea of your, I'll try to get reviewed by some famous youtubers, that would be really cool. And of course I've heard of ashen, I even saw his crowd funded movie :) I'm not confident enough, I can't picture them having any interest in Gamebuino... Well, I hope it'll work !
Thanks for the ideas and support :)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby Xadiant » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:18 am

Id imagine reviewers would have a great interest in the Gamebuino if it is "marketed" the best way. I say marketed with quotes because it appears to me that this will do best if the community feels like they are part of the construction of this and a certain amount of ownership around it. Combine that with extreme low cost and a large library of innovative games and I believe your onto something very cool here!

Keep up the good work, im looking forward to programming for this :D
Xadiant

Postby rodot » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:32 pm

If you want to feel like you are part of the construction, you'll soon be able to help me, 'cause I'll hit indiegogo this week ! I'm getting really excited... and afraid too :oops:
If you could help me making some noise online about this campaign by getting articles and stuff like that published about Gamebuino, that would really help. I'll do my best, but as always, any help is welcome. Spread the word !
The campaign will last 45 days, and manufacturing and shipping about 45 days too, so you should be programming your Gamebuino this summer ;)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby adekto » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:48 pm

just a random idea

i know we can't make it in time for the campaign but maybe just the opening animation on the gamebuino is good enough to show on the campaign page (u do need to ask ashens via twitter or somthing first)

as for gameplay i'd say just the classic popstation game(s) like the submarine game or something
adekto

Postby rodot » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Hey, nice idea!
Wow, you're really god at pixel art, well done!
Don't you think that is would have more impact if YOU ask it? It'll show that people support the project and want to make it become a reality :) (moreover my English is not perfect)
I should be able to make a special-Ashen game and/or the opening animation in time for the campaign (I'll just need extra coffee).
If you want to contact him, you can say that I can send him a Gamebuino if he wants to make a video of it. If you prefer that I contact him myself, just tell me.
Thanks! :)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby adekto » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:30 pm

ok i have send him an email, but u may aswel contact him.

il update you if i hear anything back
adekto

Postby rodot » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Okay, thank you very much ! Can you send me his email by PM ?
rodot
Site Admin

Return to General forum