Gamebuino is so great!

Talk about (almost) anything

Gamebuino is so great!

Postby cagancelik » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:07 am

Gamebuino is really cool and I'd instantly get one if it didn't lack some key features such as multiplayer. I'd totally get 2 of these (1 for me, one for my gf) if hw support was there and multiplayer games were available for it. I read some threads on this forum such as bobcat and Gamebuino Mega (Gamebuino 2) and I like the ideas so far.

Larger monochrome OLED screen, vibration, accelerometer, multiplayer.. Can't wait for them.
cagancelik

Re: Gamebuino is so great!

Postby erico » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:28 am

What do you mean? Multiplayer is available, and you should also be able to connect more then 2 gamebuinos together.
erico

Postby rodot » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:44 am

So far the multiplayer "games" (quite minimalistic for now as not so many people have several Gamebuino) are PONG-2P (a basic example to show the real time bi-directionnal I2C communication), UFO-2P (beta) and DUEL. You can connect up to 128 Gamebuino together using I2C. I will work on a wireless communication module soon. So, I guess we can say that multiplayer is already there.

You should not wait for the Gamebuino Mega, it's only a vague idea (not even sure it will be done yet) and it will take at least a year or two as I want to mature the Gamebuino project first.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby cagancelik » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:43 pm

rodot wrote:So far the multiplayer "games" (quite minimalistic for now as not so many people have several Gamebuino) are PONG-2P (a basic example to show the real time bi-directionnal I2C communication), UFO-2P (beta) and DUEL. You can connect up to 128 Gamebuino together using I2C. I will work on a wireless communication module soon. So, I guess we can say that multiplayer is already there.

You should not wait for the Gamebuino Mega, it's only a vague idea (not even sure it will be done yet) and it will take at least a year or two as I want to mature the Gamebuino project first.

Well, the thing is, I need more games and more games with multiplayer support. Perhaps I should wait for the maturity of the console as well. Many here are tech savvy people or programmers who can code and add something to Gamebuino. I'm just an ordinary Arduino user who can at best move a servo, blink LEDs etc.. I don't have what it takes to hack this thing, I just love retro multiplayer gaming :)
cagancelik

Postby DFX2KX » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:12 pm

cagancelik wrote:
rodot wrote:So far the multiplayer "games" (quite minimalistic for now as not so many people have several Gamebuino) are PONG-2P (a basic example to show the real time bi-directionnal I2C communication), UFO-2P (beta) and DUEL. You can connect up to 128 Gamebuino together using I2C. I will work on a wireless communication module soon. So, I guess we can say that multiplayer is already there.

Well, the thing is, I need more games and more games with multiplayer support. Perhaps I should wait for the maturity of the console as well. Many here are tech savvy people or programmers who can code and add something to Gamebuino. I'm just an ordinary Arduino user who can at best move a servo, blink LEDs etc.. I don't have what it takes to hack this thing, I just love retro multiplayer gaming :)

I don't even have an Arduino, and I figured it out well enough. The libs do 90% of the work. As for multiplayer. Well you need more then one GB to test on, and I've only got one ATM. You might see a lot more of them show up if/When a wifi module happens.
DFX2KX

Return to General forum