Pokemon Mini

Talk about (almost) anything

Pokemon Mini

Postby NicK » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:19 am

I recently found out about an old very obscure hand-held console called the Nintendo Pokemon Mini. It's great because it has a monochrome screen size only slightly larger than the Gamebuino - therefore it gives lots of ideas for new games. The architecture was designed by Nintendo so I imagine it's graphics engine is faster - although I don't KNOW about that.

Check our www.pokemon-mini.net for more info.

Interestingly it has been reverse engineered to build an emulator and some homebrew games appeared. The scene is kind of dying out. The games seem to have good assembly language programs written, and also some games in C.
NicK

Re: Pokemon Mini

Postby DFX2KX » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:21 am

huh. Never seen one of these. There where a few 'mini' Nintendo consoles around, but none of them had the staying power of Nintendo's regular handheld systems.

If you found one that was broken, you might be able to shove a Gamebuino in there.... With some Gerber file wizardry.
DFX2KX

Re: Pokemon Mini

Postby dagonlan931 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:42 pm

i dont recall the pokemon mini but i do recall the pokemon pikachu "giga-pet" thing. after looking at the site you gave us, it looks familiar, almost like something i have seen in the old archives of Nintendo Power. oh well, still cool.
dagonlan931

Return to General forum