Pro Sound

Talk about (almost) anything

Pro Sound

Postby superfreaky » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Has anybody figured out a practical way to incorporate a headphone jack? That has been done to Game Boys with success, but I know it makes more since with a pot. I think you could probably add a potentiometer in line with the speaker, so adding it to the headphone jack as well could work.
superfreaky

Re: Pro Sound

Postby Sorunome » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:26 pm

That is what that four-pin thingy on the right is for, SPK is where the sound is been sent to the speaker and OUT where it comes from the chip. So you have to cut the connection in between and solder your jack to OUT.
Sorunome

Postby superfreaky » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:13 pm

How would I go about cutting the connection between? And once that is done, I suppose I need to add a physical switch in line with the speaker to mute it when the headphones are in?
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:04 am

I test connected headphones to see how loud they were. I wanted to know if a volume control was necessary or if it was just right. All I got was the slightest amount of bass. Is this because it is already driving a speaker, and I just need to disconnect that for it to work, or is the gamebuino unable to drive headphone size speakers?
While we're here, I am curious... is that 3v3 pin on the side usable?
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:29 pm

I test-fit everything without soldering. It appears that gamebuino cannot power headphones by itself :( This might be because I did not solder the contacts, but I don't think so. I may eventually add a small amplifying module, if I can use that 3v3 pin on the edge to power it. I am not sure I can use that tho... Could someone please tell me?
superfreaky

Return to General forum