Good ideas

Talk about (almost) anything

Good ideas

Postby nuts4ever » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:52 am

I think that the bamebuino could have a couple more features or tweaks.
Here are a couple off the top of my head

1) headphone jack
2) a little version print on the brown paper protecting the case
3) a volume meter (on the side?)
4) [this isnt a tweak but] a small, medium, and large sized gamebuino (small could be the current size)
5) more customization (eg. stickers? Attachments? Ect. I dont have many ideas at the moment)
6) a carrying case?(might also be a part of #5. Sorry)

~sidenote~> #2 is for different things you change to the gamebuino just so the user knows if its a bit different - mabye an update log on this website? Now im not exactly sure how often you update the gamebuino but at least major patches or problems could be a canidate for said "updates"

Please give ideas to better improve the gamebuino :D :)
User avatar
nuts4ever
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Good ideas

Postby wuuff » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:03 am

You'll be happy to know that Rodot has been working on an updated revision of the Gamebuino that actually has a headphone jack. He posted about it in the site blog here. It doesn't seem like the Gamebuino updates thread is updated any more, though.

Also, the Makerbuino (also mentioned in that blog post) has dials for both the volume and backlight.
wuuff
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:05 am

Re: Good ideas

Postby Sorunome » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:02 am

wuuff wrote:[...]

Also, the Makerbuino (also mentioned in that blog post) has dials for both the volume and backlight.

It is also bigger than the gamebuino
User avatar
Sorunome
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Re: Good ideas

Postby rodot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:40 am

nuts4ever wrote:1) headphone jack
2) a little version print on the brown paper protecting the case
3) a volume meter (on the side?)
4) [this isnt a tweak but] a small, medium, and large sized gamebuino (small could be the current size)
5) more customization (eg. stickers? Attachments? Ect. I dont have many ideas at the moment)
6) a carrying case?(might also be a part of #5. Sorry)


1) The revision 4 will have a headphone jack
2) There is already the revision number printed on the PCB ("rev 3" for exemple)
3) The new revision of the library has 8 volume levels, you can adjust it any time by "B" while holding "C" down. You need to re-compile games with the new library. I'll update the games compilation soon.
4) MAKERbuino is larger, with pretty big buttons
5) You can customize buttons and case... if you want more the 3D files are available so you can make your own cases, stickers and all. Don't hesitate to share your creations !
6) You can use a regular phone pouch for this, pretty common and cheap if you don't already have some lying in a drawer at home

Hey, sounds like the Gamebuino is already close to perfect then ;)
Other ideas and suggestions welcome!
User avatar
rodot
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: France

Re: Good ideas

Postby nuts4ever » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 pm

rodot wrote:
nuts4ever wrote:1) headphone jack
2) a little version print on the brown paper protecting the case
3) a volume meter (on the side?)
4) [this isnt a tweak but] a small, medium, and large sized gamebuino (small could be the current size)
5) more customization (eg. stickers? Attachments? Ect. I dont have many ideas at the moment)
6) a carrying case?(might also be a part of #5. Sorry)


1) The revision 4 will have a headphone jack
2) There is already the revision number printed on the PCB ("rev 3" for exemple)
3) The new revision of the library has 8 volume levels, you can adjust it any time by "B" while holding "C" down. You need to re-compile games with the new library. I'll update the games compilation soon.
4) MAKERbuino is larger, with pretty big buttons
5) You can customize buttons and case... if you want more the 3D files are available so you can make your own cases, stickers and all. Don't hesitate to share your creations !
6) You can use a regular phone pouch for this, pretty common and cheap if you don't already have some lying in a drawer at home

Hey, sounds like the Gamebuino is already close to perfect then ;)
Other ideas and suggestions welcome!

well i knew about the makerbuino but that comes disassembled, im talking about preassembled gamebuinos for the people who dont want to build it :) also thanks for all of these answers! :lol:
User avatar
nuts4ever
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Good ideas

Postby nuts4ever » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:33 pm

I just thought of this but what if...this might take the purpose of the gamebuino but maybe a different project or the 2.0 overall with joysticks and way higher qualit. I understand the gamebuino is meant for retro use but image other game developers refining the games we have on the gamebuino but with some color and better graphics? this might be pushing it but try to make it affordable!(like the gamebuino) Think of cool additions like global multiplayer with wifi? it can run android even.
User avatar
nuts4ever
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Good ideas

Postby rodot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Well, you're basically asking for a android phone here ! The Gamebuino must stay simple to be simple to learn, use and hack... and cheap ;)
User avatar
rodot
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: France

Re: Good ideas

Postby nuts4ever » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:12 pm

rodot wrote:Well, you're basically asking for a android phone here ! The Gamebuino must stay simple to be simple to learn, use and hack... and cheap ;)

yes but imaginge the games you can play with better graphics! not even phone worthy. Just gameboy.
User avatar
nuts4ever
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Good ideas

Postby rodot » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:14 pm

I do imagine that. Just be patient.
User avatar
rodot
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: France

Re: Good ideas

Postby rasebo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 am

You first had me at the BIG update, then when you mentioned planning, lawyers and accountants in Gamebuino meets MAKERbuino, now I keep finding little tidbits on the forum... Arrrgh, when's the new one going to be out? :D :D

Also, hi, first post here. :)
rasebo
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:33 am

Next

Return to General forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron