Printoo Adruino

Talk about (almost) anything

Printoo Adruino

Postby MrHankey » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Sorry if this has been posted before , I just saw this , I think it will definitely make a thinner Gamebuino ...
cheaper ? better ? that I dont know ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... f=category
MrHankey

Re: Printoo Adruino

Postby rodot » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:25 am

Nope, it won't make Gamebuino smaller as it's based on modules, and the main bard is already as tall a Gamebuino. I specifically designed Gamebuino so I doubt your could make something smaller using modules. You could make Gamebuino smaller using a smaller screen, smaller buttons, a smaller speaker and removing the extension ports, but would that be really interesting?

...cheaper ?! Flexible PCBs are way more expensive than regular PCBs.

Sorry! I feel like everytime I post something it's to say "no"... Arh, I should make efforts to be positive :roll:
rodot
Site Admin

Postby MrHankey » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:59 pm

nah it's cool , at least we know there is no competition :D
but I would love to see another version of the console in a year or so , a thinner version, button maybe a little bit higher somewhere near the middle , speaker in the bottom right like the game boy.
this is how I picture it , but I have no knowledge in electronics to know if it is doable
MrHankey

Postby DFX2KX » Thu May 01, 2014 8:31 am

MrHankey wrote:nah it's cool , at least we know there is no competition :D
but I would love to see another version of the console in a year or so , a thinner version, button maybe a little bit higher somewhere near the middle , speaker in the bottom right like the game boy.
this is how I picture it , but I have no knowledge in electronics to know if it is doable

You'd be amazed at how much rearranging a two-sided PCB like gamebuino's lets you do (I think it's two-sided anyway) It'd be quite possible to have it rearranged in a very Gameboy-like layout with room to spare. But it'd likely end up pretty narrow. You could do it.

However... That's a very nifty kickstarter you showed us. I could see uses for those solar panels...
DFX2KX

Return to General forum