The games I Coded

Talk about (almost) anything

The games I Coded

Postby ripper121 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:14 am

I coded some games for Gamebuino.
Most of them are very basic, because they are created in a short time.
I hope the community Mod them and give them more levels and nicer look.
Also i hope is a good beginning to have a idea to how it works and i like to have a code that i can mod to understand the mechanics.
ripper121

Re: The games I Coded

Postby treflip » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:34 am

That's a good point. I will look through your code and see how to call pixels and back ground images. Thanks ripper!

Next for me to learn is edge/enemy detection, automatically generate landscapes(for random maps) and enemy ai. After that I can code my own games!
treflip

Postby DFX2KX » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:27 pm

treflip wrote:That's a good point. I will look through your code and see how to call pixels and back ground images. Thanks ripper!

Next for me to learn is edge/enemy detection, automatically generate landscapes(for random maps) and enemy ai. After that I can code my own games!

There are collision things inside of the library, but they're not documented as far as I know. I'm waiting for the hardware to get here (or updated emulators), because features are being added so fast.
DFX2KX

Postby rodot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Yup I didn't document these features because I'm not sure yet If they should be included in the library, and because they have to be improved. But most of the games will require rectangle collisions so I guess I should include them.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:42 am

rodot wrote:Yup I didn't document these features because I'm not sure yet If they should be included in the library, and because they have to be improved. But most of the games will require rectangle collisions so I guess I should include them.

There are a few collision types that can prove universally useful to people, rectangular, linear, pixel, and sprite(or mask) collisions are all pretty common.
DFX2KX

Return to General forum