Guess what came in the mail today?

Talk about (almost) anything

Guess what came in the mail today?

Postby DFX2KX » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 pm

My Gamebuino did! Whoooo! Now, if I can figure out how to shrink the photos small enough without resorting to 16 colors....
Everything Seems to work fine! Giving it a good charge while I'm out and about today.
DFX2KX

Re: Guess what came in the mail today?

Postby rodot » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Greaaat! I told you it would eventually arrive :D
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:13 am

rodot wrote:Greaaat! I told you it would eventually arrive :D

That you did, sir, that you did! The speaker reminds me of those old handheld games made by Tiger Electronics back in the day.... Now to figure you the pin arrangement of the SPI port, and get a programmer for it (so I can keep the boot loader up to date)

Might be nice to have a 3 mb size limit on images, though, since that's about the size my camera makes in jpg.

I'm going to have a blast with this little thing.... I was expecting to have to fiddle with the screen, and didn't have to, even after I pulled off the protective stuff over the front/back panels. The LEDs on the screen a bit dim, but that's not that big a deal. (the tank demo I made even RUNS! :D)
DFX2KX

Postby rodot » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:29 am

If your Gamebuino don't hang during game flashing, you shouldn't have to mess with the bootloader. The SPI pin mapping is standard, the pin #1 is indicated by a black dot next to is and a square pad.

Yeah as I told screen hopefully work better know that I had a talk with my supplier ^^ And there is maybe 30 people complaining about their screen max, don't forget there is 1000 Gamebuino out there :P

There is no point have a 3 mega pixel picture to show in on the forum, and don't forget people have a slow connection. What you can do is to open you picture in MS paint (or Gimp, or photoshop, or anything), click "Resize", select a width of 500px, and "Save as".
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:21 pm

rodot wrote:Yeah as I told screen hopefully work better know that I had a talk with my supplier ^^ And there is maybe 30 people complaining about their screen max, don't forget there is 1000 Gamebuino out there :P

There is no point have a 3 mega pixel picture to show in on the forum, and don't forget people have a slow connection. What you can do is to open you picture in MS paint (or Gimp, or photoshop, or anything), click "Resize", select a width of 500px, and "Save as".

Yeah, considering these are all hand assembled, it's surprising how few problems anyone has run into.

And I forgot the Resize trick.

gb_small.jpg
Smaller picture of when I first got it.
gb_small.jpg (83.88 KiB) Viewed 5468 times

GB small 2.jpg
My 'game' works on it! Though this showed me just how small that screen is....
GB small 2.jpg (70.87 KiB) Viewed 5468 times
DFX2KX

Postby erico » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Nice pictures!
erico

Postby DFX2KX » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:57 am

And here's another one.
rundown test.jpg
Honestly, I like it better clear. It's neat to see some of the guts of the thing.
rundown test.jpg (56.72 KiB) Viewed 5437 times
DFX2KX

Postby rodot » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:34 am

It always arrives, eventually :)
So how long did it took?
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:53 am

rodot wrote:It always arrives, eventually :)
So how long did it took?

ohhh, 14 days, or so? Literally the day after the email I sent saying I'd let you know when it would arrive, because US mail can be slow.

Haven't had any problems with it that I wasn't able to fiddle with (sans the Settings.hex issue that you fixed) until they worked. Haven't done as much in the way of programming for it as I'd like, but I should have more time set apart for that soon. The library documentation has been steadily improving, which is helpful.

I showed it to a few former roommates, who all had generally positive things to say about the Gamebuino overall. One particular roomie hinted at her now standing feud with the computer in 'pong' :D. If I go to any conventions this year, I'll take it along.
DFX2KX

Return to General forum