Music Tutorial Request

Talk about (almost) anything

Music Tutorial Request

Postby Terramet » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:59 am

The music for the gamebuino is something that I personally really wanted to learn as most of the games i have thought of making would feel a lot better/immersive with music (games such as the impossible game which uses the music to get you to keep trying to hear the whole track) . In the most recent update (Thanks for that by the way rodot it has great new examples) there was a music example and i jump on it and tried to understand it, however I dont really understand the hex in the music at all and I am struggling to follow how the tracks work along side the patterns. If theres anyone that understands it to a degree where they feel they could help others, like me, to understand it enough to start creating our own music tracks it would be greatly appreciated!
Terramet

Re: Music Tutorial Request

Postby rodot » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:48 am

In the reference there is an article which explains how the sound library works : http://gamebuino.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sound
On github there is an excel file which is the tracker : https://github.com/Rodot/Gamebuino/tree ... ties/music
Although it's very buggy and not very intuitive.
So, before I make a proper music tutorial I have to make a proper tracker in Java, but it's a language I begin in so it probably won't be before a few months. Sorry!
rodot
Site Admin

Re: Music Tutorial Request

Postby rodot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Hey there, good news, a pre-alpha version of the tracker should be out soon, so you'll be able to make sound FX for your Games \o/

alpha-tracker.PNG
Startup sound in the pre-alpha tracker
alpha-tracker.PNG (30.2 KiB) Viewed 2948 times
rodot
Site Admin

Return to General forum