cant make it work.

Modules, cases, buttons...

cant make it work.

Postby sharaku » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello guys.
I'm trying to do my diy buino but i have couple of problems. I have Nokia 5110 LCD, arduino UNO and LC Studio SD reader (with 256 mb micro sd with adapter card).
First problem) When i try to upload pong from examples, i see a main screen with gamebuino logo etc. but when i click A then i see pong for like a sec, and everything going blank. In the other examples (controls, buttons) everything is fine.
Second problem) i cant launch anything from sdcard. I tried to bench my card with bench example from SdFat library and its goes fine, but when i upload Loader or Loader_old (from examples ofc) i have a problem. I see micro sd loader logo, sec after i see "reading card" for like 1 sec and its restarting to logo again, "reading card" and again, and again, and again...
Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language. I hope u can help me. I was using this scheme https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/666 ... ics_05.png

I dont have VOUT, and external clock on my lcd.
sharaku

Re: cant make it work.

Postby jonnection » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi Sharaku

Your schematic looks correct to me. Usually SPI problems with Arduino are due to 2 things: incorrect pin for enable line or missing/bad SCK signal.
Check those pins are correct, just in case.

It is weird that SDfat example works but Gamebuino loader does not. Have you got another micro SD card to test with ? The LOADER.HEX should work with even a 2GB card. Its the bootloader that will not work with 2GB card - the bootloader uses a different SD card reading code.

Without being able to test your DIY system myself, it is really very difficult to give any advice. If you are really interested in electronics, I suggest you buy a Logic Analyzer. You can get a cheap 8 channel USB logic analyzer on Ebay. With a logic analyzer, you can see exactly why your signal is not working.
jonnection

Return to Hardware Development