[Hardware Update] Arduino 101 ?

Modules, cases, buttons...

Re: [Hardware Update] Arduino 101 ?

Postby superfreaky » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:43 am

If there's going to be a successor to Gamebuino, this is what I want it to have:
1. Based on Arduino 101. It is just the natural thing to do.
2. Two screens. Preferably with a somewhat higher resolution on at least one screen.
3. Two more face buttons, a thumbstick, and l/r shoulder buttons.
4. Bluetooth. With that, I think eventually there will be internet multiplayer possible through a program on a Bluetooth compatible mobile device (so pretty much any smartphone). Not necessary, as Bluetooth modules are aplenty, but I think with Bluetooth already on, developers are more likely to include some form of multiplayer.
Yeah, that's what I think should happen, instead of merely an expansion module.
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:24 am

I was thinking very similar to the 2DS, but in a much more pocket and manageable size. That would be perfect, the 2DS I get to make games for!
superfreaky

Postby ClementNerma » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:11 am

I dont really see the interest of two screens... The DS has 2 screens because one his touchable. For me, a second Screen is useless.
ClementNerma

Postby superfreaky » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:22 am

Well, naturally I would want a touch panel, I forgot to mention that. Not to mention, a second screen is still usable for maps and stats without touch. Mainly, I suggest a second screen because, with all the extra space taken up by the extra things, you might as well. Plus, consider backwards compatibility. Easier than a higher res screen. Most importantly, consider the ergonomics of a 2DS style console of such small size. I personally find Gamebuino just a little uncomfortable.
superfreaky

Previous

Return to Hardware Development