gamebuino color?

Modules, cases, buttons...

gamebuino color?

Postby spinal » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:27 pm

I know there are a couple of posts about upgrading parts of the gamebuino, particularly the screen.
But have many people seriously considered possible screen/arduino combinations that would actually work? From what I have read, most color tft screens are too high resolution for cheaper arduino's to be able to use at a decent speed (color screens usually being 16bpp rather than 1bpp, so that would be 16 times the data needing to be sent.
What are peoples ideas on the subject?
spinal

Re: gamebuino color?

Postby rodot » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:59 pm

I've heard Arduboy is planning a color version, I wonder which screen/chip combo he's going to use :)
Tinycircuit's tiny arcade has a color screen, but it's a really tiny OLED drivent by a SAMD21 (cortex M0+ running at 48Mhz).
Paul did some DMA optimized screen library for his Teensy 3.1 which seems to run fast enough for gaming.
...or you could run it on a Rapsberry. The question is how much is too much ?
rodot
Site Admin

Postby spinal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:44 pm

I was half tempted with one of the piZero options, but then, I hate linux with a passion and nobody seems to have mad a bare-bones gaming OS for it. I've seen people using those tiny oled screens, I can't see the point, far too small no matter what the resolution.
spinal

Postby Duhjoker » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:10 pm

Dude!!!!!!!!! Really?!!!

Why send someone to a competitor when we have color here at Gamebuino. Now with added SD support. Besides arduboy is so not interested. I checked with them trying to get some advice for my library and I got no where.

I have a working library for color but need beta testers willing to buy thier own hardware the Library works with what follows...

Inhaos 220x176 LCD_2000_7775 full color
Teensy 3.2 or higher.... Get the 3.5 or 3.6 as they have built in SD card slots
Power supply like an adafruit powerboost 500
Battery 3.7 lipo ?????mAh
Buttons x12 tactile
Wire
Bread board
Attachments
gamebuinoAPcolorSD.zip
(33.95 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
Duhjoker

Postby curlyc » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:30 am

Duhjoker wrote:Dude!!!!!!!!! Really?!!!

Why send someone to a competitor when we have color here at Gamebuino. Now with added SD support. Besides arduboy is so not interested. I checked with them trying to get some advice for my library and I got no where.

I have a working library for color but need beta testers willing to buy thier own hardware the Library works with what follows...

Inhaos 220x176 LCD_2000_7775 full color
Teensy 3.2 or higher.... Get the 3.5 or 3.6 as they have built in SD card slots
Power supply like an adafruit powerboost 500
Battery 3.7 lipo ?????mAh
Buttons x12 tactile
Wire
Bread board

wish i saw this before i instead purchased more parts for my 3d printer project, i may have to order more "junk" (as my boss calls it) :D
curlyc

Return to Hardware Development