Designed my own gamebuino color case

Modules, cases, buttons...

Designed my own gamebuino color case

Postby Duhjoker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:33 am

Well i spent a couole days learning autodesk 123design and came up with my case to hold the gamebuino hardware. I started from scratch and this is what i came up wuth for the game pad and controls case.....

The square plastic pieces coming up the top corners will be shoulder buttons. The turrets are for screw holes of course, and i add some support to the front and rear of the box, the rear being where the hinges will bolt on. The bottom to give some support as well as the turrets to also bevel the flat pieces in like for the screen and the gamepad pieces which will fit inside.
Last edited by Duhjoker on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Duhjoker

Re: Designed my own ganebuino color case

Postby Duhjoker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:11 am

Screen case

Screen case lid

Game pad Lid for controls case

Game pad Controls case

These are my first tries but not bad. I will have to add some stuff. The start and select button holes and platforms and some screw turrets for the tft's though maybe not. I would like this case to hold different types of spi tft's and really all you have to do is add a lil hot glue and your good. Though if people want i dont mind making a few alterations. As this is my first try im sure there will be more. Basic size of the screen is 2.4".

Ill also have to make custom buttons for the shoulders. Or else it will be hard to get them in.

I like it! When folded it will be a tiny bit bigger than an altoids tin, give or take a mm.

I basically built this around a teensy with a 5mm profile at most but i usually bend my pins. Batter thickness can be up to 6mm. With about a 60 to 70mm wide and about the same high.

I havent included any ports yet but im thinking the charger will be small enough to fit with the screen in that case. While the teensy sits on top of the battery or below. Maybe a slot to for the SD card and the micro usb.

Ill also have to make openings for the wiring from one unit to the other.

Now ive made each case 13mm high off the grid with a 2mm thickness for the bottom. The turrets only come up to 11mm though and the faces are at 1.5mm thick so there should be a good mm so the buttons will fit.
Duhjoker

Re: Designed my own ganebuino color case

Postby Duhjoker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:52 am

Ok heres a mock up using a first test and second test of the folding case.

I like it but its gonna be a whopping 26mm high or thick.

Im also looking at design a single care and the measurements are 112 X 65 x 18mm. What do you guys think?
Duhjoker

Return to Hardware Development