games with required modules to function

Modules, cases, buttons...

games with required modules to function

Postby adekto » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:43 pm

the new module ideas got me thinking about games with spesific features
one of the ideas wich wil be my example is "buino monster catcher" (totaly not inspired by pokemon™)

now basicly this game is very dependant on the gps module (if we ever get around to make those) and wil be a quite expensive module so i dont expect everybody to buy one

is there any easy way to indicate or catalog the person who downloads the game that this need a module to even fuction?

also the other thing is about modules that people make and arent compatible with a standerd, say for example a gyro where one is digital and the other analog converted by a chip whereby the output is copleetly diferent meaning that the dev of the game his game works but the consumer one is compeetly broken and cant play the game, im just wondering how to modurate this as qualety controle?
adekto

Re: games with required modules to function

Postby rodot » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Mmh, I guess that when you release a game you should say which modules it requires with the pin mapping. Also, I will develop official Gamebuino modules to reduce compatibility issues.
When your program will try to init the I2C communication with the GPS, if it fails because the module is missing, you could display "GPS module ref XXXX required".
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Hardware Development