Arduino AtHeart

Modules, cases, buttons...

Arduino AtHeart

Postby inversesandwich » Wed May 21, 2014 11:40 pm

If you decide to sell the Gamebuino at a later date, how about considering joining the AtHeart program by Arduino?

It would be pretty cool to give back to Arduino whilst also having an awesome device.
inversesandwich

Re: Arduino AtHeart

Postby rodot » Thu May 22, 2014 6:16 am

Mmmmh, I will already have to increase the price (I don't know to which extend yet), so it would make Gamebuino even more expensive... but it makes sense to give part of the money to Arduino, as Gamebuino wouldn't be possible without them. I'll think about that, thanks for the suggestion :)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Fri May 23, 2014 9:58 pm

rodot wrote:Mmmmh, I will already have to increase the price (I don't know to which extend yet), so it would make Gamebuino even more expensive... but it makes sense to give part of the money to Arduino, as Gamebuino wouldn't be possible without them. I'll think about that, thanks for the suggestion :)

There's the option of selling the modules with the AtHeart option, too. They're likely not going to be as expensive as the GB itself is.
DFX2KX

Postby inversesandwich » Fri May 23, 2014 11:06 pm

rodot wrote:Mmmmh, I will already have to increase the price (I don't know to which extend yet), so it would make Gamebuino even more expensive... but it makes sense to give part of the money to Arduino, as Gamebuino wouldn't be possible without them. I'll think about that, thanks for the suggestion :)

On their website, it says "Participation in the program requires paying a small licensing fee for the Arduino AtHeart branding. If you’re a small Maker this is a flat fee, established companies pay a small royalty (max 5% of the wholesale price)."

Also, the supported microcontrollers includes the 328!

The benefits sound pretty nice
  • Tap into the power of the huge Arduino community.
  • Make it easy for an end-user to customize the product with just a micro-usb cable and the Arduino IDE.
  • Add the Arduino AtHeart logo on the product to clearly show that your product is based on the Arduino technology.
  • A page on the Arduino website describing the product with links to documentation, tutorials, and any other marketing material.
  • Participate in Arduino marketing activities.
  • Your product news and updates tweeted and blogged through Arduino's official accounts.
  • If desired, your product will be made available through the Arduino online store.
inversesandwich

Postby adekto » Sat May 24, 2014 11:48 am

interesting , that might be beneficial for sales and community later on
although they probably want everything in blue and double the price (arduino's are very expensive)
adekto

Postby DFX2KX » Tue May 27, 2014 12:03 am

adekto wrote:interesting , that might be beneficial for sales and community later on
although they probably want everything in blue and double the price (arduino's are very expensive)

The Atheart program doesn't determine what color something's going to be, or what price you sell it at, per-se. The price would go up from licensing, though (which is what AtHeart is).

Arduinos (the name brand kind) are a bit pricy, but for testing boards that's normal. In fact, in that area, they're a value. look at what an ARM development board costs.
DFX2KX

Postby Skyrunner65 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:21 pm

rodot wrote:I will already have to increase the price (I don't know to which extend yet), so it would make Gamebuino even more expensive... but it makes sense to give part of the money to Arduino, as Gamebuino wouldn't be possible without them.

Why do you have to up the price (is it for profit? I understand, I'll still buy it.)?

Also, It should be available to give money to the AtHeart project at anytime under the Gamebuino's name (know what I mean?).
Skyrunner65

Postby rodot » Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

The main benefit At Heart would be is marketing: it would allow to reach more people. I'm not sure paying for marketing is really the spirit of the project as I want to keep the price as low as possible. I'll contact them to see how much it costs. Anyway that won't be before I open an online store.
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Hardware Development