New emulator: Simbuino (Windows)

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: New emulator: Simbuino (Windows)

Postby Myndale » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:31 am

rodot wrote:With this one I had to uninstall the previous version of Simbuino first.

Ok, that's interesting. I upgraded from Visual Studion Express 2012 to 2013 yesterday, seems like the publish feature treats the package as an entirely new program. Typical Microsoft! :roll: Thanks for letting me know, that'll have implications for the roll-outs I do at work too.

rodot wrote:Also I noticed that the key binding option is not working, it seems to loose the settings as soon as you close the options window.

That would be a bug, I'll look into it for the next version. Thanks for letting me know.

rodot wrote:I look forward playing lunar lander hehe

Me too! :D I'm sitting on a bunch of code at the moment, just waiting for erico to either get the emulator working or get his hardware. Very much focused right now though on getting something playable on the game page, even if it's just a few simple missions to start with.
Myndale

Postby Drakker » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:57 am

Bug report time: Simbuino systematically crashes when I load a game using CTRL-O, but it works fine when I click the menu option. I'm running it in a Windows 7 virtual machine on Parallels on a Mac. It could be the source of the problem but I doubt it.
Drakker

Postby Myndale » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:25 am

Wow, that's a weird one. Key bindings are handled internally by the .NET framework, as far as my own code goes I don't think there's any difference between the two so that suggests this might be due to a bug in .NET 4.5.

Either way I'll go have a look over that code again and see if I can spot anything. Thanks for letting me know!
Myndale

Postby rodot » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:51 am

Ctrl+O works fine on my system (windows 7 x64).
I noticed that they key bindings seem to remain active even if the window is not (I had it open in the background and it was playing on its own as I was typing an email)
Also the key binding settings doesn't seem to work, when you close the settings pop up it loses your changes.
But that really minor issues, your emulator is already a great tool :)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby Myndale » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks for the reports, I made a few changes tonight and uploaded a new version:

- All user-settings now saving correctly (specifically the game play key bindings).
    - Game play keys now only updated when Simbuino is the active foreground app.
    - Finished basic support for Flash, EEPROM and RAM panels.
    - Fixed the slow-down issue when the RAM panel was active.
    - Added a basic IO panel implementation including register names,indexes and bit fields.
    - Added support for almost all documented op code aliases (e.g. brne, an alias of brbc).
    - Minor sound bug fixes.

Still haven't been able to reproduce the hot-key crash issue, I'm guessing it might be related to the windowing library I'm using which I'm planning to replace anyway. I also have some minor issues to fix up with sound playback and the GUI, once they're done I'll probably upgrade Simbuino to release 1.0.
Myndale

Postby Zoglu » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:54 pm

Myndale wrote:
    - All user-settings now saving correctly (specifically the game play key bindings).
    - Game play keys now only updated when Simbuino is the active foreground app.
    - Finished basic support for Flash, EEPROM and RAM panels.
    - Fixed the slow-down issue when the RAM panel was active.
    - Added a basic IO panel implementation including register names,indexes and bit fields.
    - Added support for almost all documented op code aliases (e.g. brne, an alias of brbc).
    - Minor sound bug fixes.
Yay :D Thanks a lot, your emulator really helps a lot !
Zoglu

Postby Myndale » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:25 am

New version uploaded today, link is the same as usual (see first post in this thread). Changes in this version:

* Fixed op code aliases
    * Fixed a bug involving certain op codes not setting the carry flag correctly.
    * Discovered and fixed a race condition which may be responsible for the occasional crashes people are seeing in certain GUI environments.
Myndale

Postby erico » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 am

nice! will give it a go and see if it works out on lunar run! :)
erico

Postby Muessigb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Hello,
I'm getting my gamebuino soon, but in the meantime I want to program some games for it.
I was using Myandales emulator, but I really need SD-Card support.
@Myandale: Can you please, please add it soon?

-Muessigb
Muessigb

Postby Muessigb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:31 pm

If you don't have the time, then you could send me the source code and I'll do it for you.
If you will do neither I will have to disassemble your exe and make the modifications just for me and myself (with no distribution)
Muessigb

PreviousNext

Return to Software Development