icsp port

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

icsp port

Postby kerzker » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:11 pm

Hey guys,

just getting started with this stuff, do I use the icsp on this guy like I would use the virtual rx and tx and whatnot on the regular arduino board? If not, how do I get to using my serial connection?

Thanks in avance for any help!
kerzker

Re: icsp port

Postby rodot » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:53 am

Hello there, and welcome to the forum!

The ICSP port of the Gamebuino connect to the same pins than on an Arduino Uno, so you can use it for SPI connection. You'll need a chip select pin to enable/disable what you communicate with, you can use one of the two pins available from the I2C ports.
You can also communicate using I2C with the I2C ports, of course.
You also have the ability to communicate using Serial.print, just a like a regular Arduino.

I hope that answers your question, don't hesitate to ask if something is not clear.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby bentjohn » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:51 am

HI rodot, Me too have the same query.Thanks for your reply.Now i get the serial connection port :D What is the cons of icsp port ??I am waiting for the reply.Please keep in touch with us.Thanks Advance :D
bentjohn

Postby DFX2KX » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:23 am

just to note: The cutout in the case for the keyed connectors is, well... backwards. I had to sand off my connector to get my programmer to fit, aside form that, it's pretty much standard. Haven't tried using my USBtiny to get serial from the GB, though.
DFX2KX

Postby rodot » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:49 am

Well it's on the right side for my connector, I've never seen a connector where the cutout isn't on the side of the number 1 pin. If you bought a cheap one on eBay it's likely they mounted it backward.
It's too late, but there was no need to send it, you can pull the black plastic part apart from the pins and re-insert it in the right direction (but be careful not to bend the pins).
I will add a picture of the connectors pinout on the wiki to avoid that this kind of issue happen again.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby Myndale » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:04 am

Actually that's my fault, I suggested to DFX2KX in the other thread that I thought the Gamebuino connector was upside-down. I just checked my own cables and they're the same as what Rodot says. I've gone and looked at the photo DFX2KX posted and yeah, it looks like that plug on the programmer side of the cable was the wrong way round after all.
Myndale

Return to Software Development