Web Based Gamebuino Emulator / Mobile App

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: Web Based Gamebuino Emulator / Mobile App

Postby Hark0 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:37 am

Hi @Blake... you can send-me a APK file with FPS / debug info activated... and I test on my samsung S4 (rooted)...

hmmm How you are rendering? opengl? SDL?

;)
Hark0

Postby Myndale » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:06 am

Thanks for all your work on this blakewford, it's been really interesting watching its development progress. I'm wondering if a maybe a viable Javascript emulator might have to resort to techniques completely different to what any of us have been doing so far in the existing emulators. You're always going to be hit hard by the fact that Javascript is a single-threaded VM, so the only way I can see any serious gains being made is by taking advantage of JIT compilation (specifically, on a per-instruction level). But if the target machine doesn't support that then, well, I'm not sure there's much more that can be done, at least not without resorting to native solutions.
Myndale

Postby blakewford » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:06 am

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

In a moment of shameless self promotion, if you are part of, or follow such things, I'd ask that you drop by and take a look at the Hackaday Prize 2015 page.

https://hackaday.io/project/6873-boardmicro
blakewford

Postby johncalvin » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:50 am

I can't express about your company not only using words. In reality, gamebuino has more experience to create mobile applications. I was amazed look at your application. I expect, you have to keep this good idea.
johncalvin

Postby adekto » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:26 am

if you know how to port this, i got an apple dev licence i can put it up there for free
adekto

Postby blakewford » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:09 am

I believe it to be fully possible to port, but I just don't have the time to figure it out at the moment. I could build it, but it would require significant UI work and it would most likely be rejected by Apple if you tried to put it in the App Store. While a version exists in Google Play, the app was rejected from the Amazon App Store for being an emulator that could potentially be used to pirate copyrighted material. I'm not really convinced there is a protected way to distribute content for the Gamebuino in the first case, but if Amazon is sticking to it I am confident Apple would as well.
blakewford

Postby superfreaky » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:54 pm

I haven't used Dropbox, but the examples are running horribly, unusable slow. I have a Google Nexus 4. It should run fine right?
superfreaky

Postby blakewford » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:01 pm

It will always run slowly, check out this post in the thread history.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1381&start=59
blakewford

Postby superfreaky » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:29 am

But is it really supposed to be least than 0.5 fps?
superfreaky

Previous

Return to Software Development