Rboy Tracker alpha release 0.03 [FIXED]

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: Rboy Tracker alpha release 0.03

Postby jonnection » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:41 am

erico wrote:One more thing...ibm ps/1...that was a luxury at the time! :) my poor/beloved TRS-80 color screamed for that.

How are you up to the shortcuts?
I kind of feel a practitioner tracker guy will use those more then clicking and mousing around. ;)

Actually my dad bought it to "do spreadsheets" but he really didn't use it much. I remember when I loaded Prince of Persia for the first time. I didn't even know what it was. Suddenly I was hit by FM sounds and glorious MCGA graphics. Moments later I regained consciousness and my life had changed forever. The IBM PS/1 was model 2011 with IBM proprietary MCA extension bus and integrated CRT and its about as rare as a unicorn nowadays. Its a real pity my dad sold it. And what did I spend my hard earned savings on ? ... Borland Turbo C. :lol: Oh well.

The download package should be fully functional. I think you will find to your pleasure, that editing the patterns is done mostly by key (cursorskeys move, pgup pgdn work, inset and backspace nudge the pattern.

AND OH YEAH, the PC keyboard = piano keyboard. Almost forgot to mention that.
jonnection

Re: Rboy Tracker alpha release 0.03 [download disabled]

Postby Myndale » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 am

Ah the memories :) My first machine was an XT with a CGA (320x200, 4 colors) and I started with Borland Pascal. First time I heard an Adlib I almost wet myself!

Prince of Persia, Duke Nukem (the original 2d version), Sierra adventure games, Wolf3d...good times, good times! :)

Eagerly awaiting the download link being restored...
Myndale

Re: Rboy Tracker alpha release 0.03 [download disabled]

Postby Drakker » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Ha! Nostalgia! My first "computer" was an Atari XE (a 400/800 on steroids) with a built-in basic interpreter. My first real computer was also an XT, but with an EGA card! 640x350 in 16 pre-selected glorious colors. That thing also shipped with a neat graphical interface that also had a basic development environment, and it was visual too (as in, years before visual basic and somehow worked much better than the horror that is VB).

But in retrospective, that wasn't such a good thing. I learned basic, so when I got other more powerful computers, I stayed with what I knew and moved to QBasic and other such crap. It set me back many years until my college days when I finally discovered Pascal and C++.

Oh, and also waiting to play with that tracker! ;)
Drakker

Re: Rboy Tracker alpha release 0.03 [FIXED]

Postby jonnection » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:30 am

Download fixed (again)

Resources had absolute paths, that was the reason for the bugs
jonnection

Postby cyberic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:28 pm

That seems great!
Have to try it!
Do you generate the waveforms in realtime?
and do you bypass the GameBuino sound library?
Thx
cyberic

Postby jonnection » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:19 pm

cyberic wrote:That seems great!
Have to try it!
Do you generate the waveforms in realtime?
and do you bypass the GameBuino sound library?
Thx

Yes. Realtime waveforms.
Sound code is my own work and different from the Gamebuino.

I plan to release a "plug-in" lib to use the music made in Rboytracker in a Gamebuino program. Thats actually what I am working on at the moment.
jonnection

Postby Quirby64 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:14 am

I got it working! :lol:
However, as much fiddling as I did down to copying parts of the Test song and putting them into the instrument select and such, I still couldn't get anything onto a section - still says --- 00 --. What am I doing wrong? Heck, I double clicked a section and put in the "name" of one of the sections, but then it rejected it and switched back to --- 00 --.

I wanna try doing that 4 second Ballblazer beat by at least next week as a goal :D
Quirby64

Postby jonnection » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:38 am

Quirby64 wrote:I got it working! :lol:

I wanna try doing that 4 second Ballblazer beat by at least next week as a goal :D

I think I need to explain how it works. The problem is that I really didn't intend this for others to use at first, its something I have made for myself.

Notes are entered into the pattern by clicking the pattern to get it into keypress focus, then pressing keys on the keyboard. Letter C is C as in piano keyboard, F is Cis, V is D, G is Dis, B is E and so forth.

On the top row, the keys Q to P continue the piano keyboard and the sharps and flats (black keys) are in the numbers.

TO GET STARTED DO THIS:

1. Load up the test song and press play. If it works, then you know the sound engine is working and everything is ok.

2. Click anywhere in the pattern when the song is stopped, and press C on the keyboard. This should play note C and you should see an entry come into the pattern. If you do not hear anything, check that you have a patch (instrument) that is working. The main idea of editing is to click the pattern area when you want to begin entering notes, and then move around in the pattern area with cursor, pgup, pgdn, home and end keys.

3. Patches need to have waveform and volume before you can hear them. Also, if ADSR is on, check that Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release are not all zero. ... if all A,D,S,R volumes are zero, the patch will never get louder than 0.
jonnection

Postby Quirby64 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 pm

I did it :D
http://wikisend.com/download/423738/BallblazerTest.rbs
Would include a video but lazy
Quirby64

Postby Skyrunner65 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:11 am

Just trying out this new stuff, seems solid.
I even made part of the Sonic 2 Final Boss Music.
(It took me a while to figure out how to change the octave :lol: )

Strange thing, though, I tried to upload the file, but the filetype was rejected.
Rodot, can you please fix this?
Skyrunner65

PreviousNext

Return to Software Development