Hammertime ! (video streaming with audio) with INSTRUCTIONS

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: Hammertime ! (video streaming with audio demo)

Postby Myndale » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:52 pm

So full of win! :)
Myndale

Re: Hammertime ! (video streaming with audio) with INSTRUCTI

Postby jonnection » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:00 pm

jonnection

Postby rodot » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Awesome, and thanks for putting a link to gamebuino.com in the instructions ^^
(By the way in the last commit to the beta branch of the Gamebuino library, I allow to skip (and disable) the critical battery message, so people using homemade-buinos with the dip version of the atmega328 won't have to re-compile games because of the missing analog pin)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby superfreaky » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:59 am

Is the audio quality of your fakebuino an improvement on real gamebuino audio, or is it about the same?
superfreaky

Postby rchpweblo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:16 am

superfreaky wrote:Is the audio quality of your fakebuino an improvement on real gamebuino audio, or is it about the same?

Yes please tell us!

I'd like to know, if you did improve the audio, what you did to improve it. I plan on building a second Gamebuino with my friend (it will be for him) and I would like to improve upon the original Gamebuino system as much as possible, as it is likely that after experimenting with his build we will build a second one for me!

Also in this thread: http://gamebuino.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3374 user maxims modified the Gamebuino library to work with a 128*64 screen. It seems he originally wanted to use a 96*64 screen but did not have one on hand so he used a 128*64. Hopefully he responds and tells me what I'd need to modify to use his originally intended resolution of 96*64, and if not potentially one of you could help ;-) Anyways if he does help me (or if somebody else does) with the screen then the Gamebuino my friend and I build will definitely be featuring a 96*64 screen.

Assuming I end up being able to do the things mentioned above, what modifications would I need to make to this program for it to work with the new screen resolution?
rchpweblo

Postby jonnection » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi

Audio comes out through a PAM 8403 amplifier breakout into a headphone jack. I do not have a real Gamebuino, so I do not know how the sound can be compared. However, the amplifier used in the Gamebuino is the cheapest kind of amplifier you can build. It has high gain but also massive distortion: it will only work with square waves (which, fortunately is what PWM audio is). Gamebuino has no audio jack, so if you record sound from the gb speaker it will probably not sound as good as in my videos.
jonnection

Postby gamebox13 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:45 am

jonnection wrote:Full project write-up now available on Instructables:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Streaming-video-from-SD-card-to-Nokia-LCD-with-Ard/

Need here JVIDEO.HEX with 20 fps and 10080 hz such in instructables. I made own video.jvd and with jvideo.hex from first post works slow.
gamebox13

Previous

Return to Software Development