Freeware tools for Gamebuino

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Freeware tools for Gamebuino

Postby mougino » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:43 am

Hello to the community!

I'm quite new here (this is my first post) so I'm not sure if I am in the right place, please tell me if not.

I wrote a collection of small stand-alone utilities that I think can help with development of Gamebuino games/apps.
I made a dedicated "Arduino" section on my website, where they can be downloaded : http://mougino.free.fr

The tools are written for Windows, but some of them (the converters) run as well on Unix systems with the help of Wine.

So far I made 3 programs:
  • a compilation agent that runs directly gbsim from Arduino IDE
  • a flexible color --> b&w image converter (3 modes of operation: single image, batch, command-line)
  • and a b&w image <--> C++ array converter
The tools are small-sized and do not require any (Java, .Net or any other) framework to work.

Feel free to give me feedback if you'd like improvements, or if you have ideas for other utilities.

Cheers,
Nicolas
mougino

Re: Freeware tools for Gamebuino

Postby Sorunome » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:28 am

These tools sure look nice! Does gbsim+ work on linux, though?
Sorunome

Postby mougino » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:56 am

I didn't test it but my guess is probably not.
The gbsim+ agent scans the Windows temporary folder where the IDE builds the sketches.
A portability to Linux could be easy enough for whom is fluent in creating Unix executables. Unfortunately that's not me ;)

Nicolas
mougino

Postby Zvoc47 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm downloading this :) Now I can compile&run in an emulator.
Zvoc47

Postby ishotjr » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:30 am

I'm just getting started with the emulators, and I couldn't get Simbuino to run on my cheap W10 laptop, so was in the middle of installing the toolchain required to build gbsim, when I stumbled on this thread and downloaded gbsim+. It worked right away, but it actually "crashes" while also "working" i.e. there are two command prompts, one with e.g.:

Code: Select all
Loaded 13750 .text
Loaded 44 .data
avr_interrupt_reset

and one with e.g.:

Code: Select all
could not read C:\Users\barcl\AppData\Local\Temp\build45d62020bcf96aa20587dcc8bbbe46c6.tmp\Physics.ino.with_bootloader.elf
C:\Users\barcl\AppData\Local\Temp\build45d62020bcf96aa20587dcc8bbbe46c6.tmp\Physics.ino.with_bootloader.elf: No such file or directory
avr_interrupt_reset
avr_loadcode(): Attempted to load code of size 0 but flash size is only 32768.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The latter causes Windows to report a "crash" but the other seems to be responsible for a gbsim instance that works just fine regardless...? This is my first use of gbsim so I'm not sure what is "normal" or whether it "should" work with my current setup, but...first of all thanks for this really cool tool, and second of all...any idea how I can stop the crashing part? :)
ishotjr

Return to Software Development