Startup screen/menu

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: Startup screen/menu

Postby hrangan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm guessing from your earlier posts that the A/B/C button icon and placement is configured at the system level. How easy would it be for me to modify the menus and button behavior, in case I want to personalize it?

Also, why not place the A button in the center (or bottom center) of the screen, and have it read (A): Start. This makes it more obvious to the user what he needs to press.

Another option: ↵
hrangan

Postby Skyrunner65 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Play triangle, hands down.
Skyrunner65

Postby adekto » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:11 pm

u can run a costume version of gamebuino boot up (i think robot mentioned it somewhere)

good point on why not just having text, wel its just a way to circumvent language in a sense
not everyone i know understands english and surely not my little nephew's (in my case they all speek/read dutch)
sure we cude have it in every comon language but that takes allot of space (not to mention the charecter swap for arabic and japanese)

and we are moslty trying stuff out, Imageheres some eurly stuff we concepted
adekto

Postby Nader » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi Rodot,

One suggestion, is't possible to filter the .hex file "LOADER.hex" when displaying the list of games : programs to load from sd card as where are already in the loader program , so that's avoid as to re flash the loader program again in the avr memory.

perhaps, it's a good stuff.

Nader
Nader

Postby rodot » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:54 pm

Yep, and it'll also filter non-hex files, but for now we are trying to get everything to work correctly before adding fancy features :P
rodot
Site Admin

Postby SilentSpy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:32 pm

Ooh, looks nice. Can't wait to make my very own!
SilentSpy

Postby rodot » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:26 pm

As I said in the last update I've split the gb.begin() function to allow the user to get back to the main menu whenever they want using gb.startMenu(). But as you can get back to it anytime, it's no longer a start menu... So I'll rename the function to gb.titleScreen() in the next update. You'll have to change it in your code, but it's the last time, I promise! If you have a better name suggestion, don't hesitate.
rodot
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Software Development