Switch to full style
Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...
Post a reply

Re: Character map

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:54 am

BozoDel wrote:Back in the pre UTF-8 days, while ASCII characters would only take 7 bits, I think it was more common for the 8th bit to be unused, but not deleted like this.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, the 8th bit is simply unused, so you can easily make an extended character map. On github in /utilities/font you'll find the existing fonts and the tools to extend them.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:33 am

rodot wrote:I'm not sure what you're talking about, the 8th bit is simply unused, so you can easily make an extended character map. On github in /utilities/font you'll find the existing fonts and the tools to extend them.

Oh, I had understood something different. It's much more simpler in that case. I might even try making a standard Portuguese character map later.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:32 pm

I just pushed a update of the lib which allows you to dynamically switch between different fonts, either default font or custom fonts included in the game :D

Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:09 pm

This is great!

I once thought about a 3x3 font that could double as gfx tiles when counting flipping and rotation...should save memory :)

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:56 am

erico wrote:This is great!

I once thought about a 3x3 font that could double as gfx tiles when counting flipping and rotation...should save memory :)

The ASCII spec has characters like that, for that exact reason. side pars and corners and whatnot. not sure if you can rotate fonts, though, you can't with the ASCII fonts.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:21 am

erico wrote:I once thought about a 3x3 font

I hope it's your birthday, 'cause I have a gift for you:

2014-07-04_1214.jpg
A tiny 3x3 font in the default fonts of the Gamebuino library.
2014-07-04_1214.jpg (122.62 KiB) Viewed 8486 times

Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:26 am

Not exactly sure what I am going to use it for ATM, but Awesome!!

Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Really great Rodot! Super thanks, just wonderful!
That way we get more screen to use in game should there be a need to have text with it! :)

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:32 am

treflip wrote:Not exactly sure what I am going to use it for ATM, but Awesome!!

RPG text, or Credits, maybe?

Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:22 am

I like the credits idea, or maybe useful for inventory items or enemy names... I wonder if grey scale could be used to make it a little more readable.. Like between the e or b...
Post a reply