Gamebuino Library on Ubuntu

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: Gamebuino Library on Ubuntu

Postby inversesandwich » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:46 am

Sot0 wrote:Had the same problem but on Linux Mint, i tried to fix it for several Hours, by intsalling older gcc versions. Had the Problem with other Arduino Libraries, too. Easiest fix is to install Arduino IDE v1.0.5 rather then the newer one from the Packet Manager.

https://code.google.com/p/arduino/downl ... inux32.tgz

https://code.google.com/p/arduino/downl ... inux64.tgz

Mint uses the same horribly outdated repos that Ubuntu uses. I'm really tempted to switch to Fedora and RPM.
inversesandwich

Postby rodot » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:42 am

I'm downloading Fedora too to test if it works fine now. But development is going to slow down for one week, I have finals -_-

Edit:
Well, that still doesn't compile.

Edit:
Now it works fine with the latest version of avr-gcc
rodot
Site Admin

Postby yoshadow » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:36 am

martinsustek wrote:Thank you. I've actually downgraded it but it was not an easy task because the older version library is not in repo now. So I had to install it manually with all dependencies.
I am now able to compile a game on my early bird Gamebuino, so I don't need a fix urgently. Maybe there will be more Linux users after final Gamebuino release.

Problem with rewriting library is that when you add const to declaration of variable, compiler requires it in function headers etc.

I had one more issue, with uploading compiled sketch to Gamebuino. Arduino didn't detected it. I thought it was a problem of Linux drivers but finally the cable I received with Gamebuino showed to be faulty, another cable solved it.

Hi martinsustek !!!
Have a question, how could you downgrade to a previous avr-gcc version? or have you found how to fix this problem without downgrade avr-gcc?

Best regards
yoshadow

Previous

Return to Software Development