Classic Chess and Checkers!

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Classic Chess and Checkers!

Postby desgroup » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:25 pm

HOLD IT! This post is edited every day-week. Please be aware that the forum page only becomes active when a big update happened, In which I post a new post. This forum page has been going through a decision between chess and checkers, and I settled on a 2 in 1, so hope you enjoy it! Also at the bottom of this post there should be a development status area, so you can check that out if you feel like you want to. Any way if you are interested in the project, you can easily support it by supplying a logo or some textures or an AI, anything really, or even a piece of advice or a post that shows that you are interested in this because what's the point of making a game that nobody cares about(even though it looks like nobody cares about it)! But hope you like it when it goes into alpha! :D. Come to think of it the game is nearing alpha! New screenshots up soon!

Announcements:
Need logo... Status : NOT FOUND!
Need AI(Chess)... Status : NOT FOUND!
Need AI(Checkers)... Status : NOT FOUND!
Programming spites, thanks to the help of the previous chess forum. Status : Saving till BETA(Don't worry, )

Dev. Status: Wo-oh, development has shifted to Gamebuino 1-platform fighting game
Last edited by desgroup on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 19 times in total.
desgroup

Re: Classic Chess!

Postby erico » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:47 pm

You certanly didn´t try ´chess´on the forum´s search... :shock: ;) welcome
erico

Re: Classic Chess and Checkers!

Postby desgroup » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:07 am

*face palm* Sorry, I never new there was a search bar there. But I guess I was kinda lazy not to look in the games on the forum either. :D
Last edited by desgroup on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
desgroup

Re: Classic Checkers!

Postby erico » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:19 am

Oh don´t worry, it was just a joke.
You see... at the dawn of the forum, there was a proposal for a chess game that spammed a few gag pages. Everything became chess related for a while :lol: .
erico

Postby desgroup » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:51 am

I already started the physics and I don't think any one wants chess anymore. The previous chess forum just stops after one page. I guess if other people really want chess or don't like checkers, I could switch the title to Classic Games. But it looks like right now that you are the only person on the forum that saw the forum and bother to post an opinion. So if other people want chess more than checkers, if arduino doesn't freak out about the higher file size, I could make a 2 in 1 chess and checkers game. What do you think?
Last edited by desgroup on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desgroup

Re: Classic Checkers!

Postby erico » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Oh no, people will notice the chess/checker thread. :)

But anyways, the older thread may have a good variety of gfx you could look into.
I believe both checkers and chess would be fine, I kind of think checkers may be easier to come up with (imho).

If it is possible for 2 in 1 why not? They play on the same board at least.
erico

Postby desgroup » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Then it is decided, 2 in 1, restarting development tonight! Here's some screenshots of the game development as of 22/10/2014 (Mid-Alpha development, still working on the logo), attached files:
Attachments
BuinoCheckersDev2.png
You now have a cursor thanks to the board changes(witch somehow may be reverted before beta).
BuinoCheckersDev2.png (5.86 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
BuinoCheckersDev1.png
Now you can play checkers, instead of chosing it and doing nothing!
BuinoCheckersDev1.png (3.48 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
BuinoChessDev3.png
Startup Screen(Pre-Alpha)
BuinoChessDev3.png (7.7 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
desgroup

Return to Project Guidance & Game development