[WIP] Operation Fox [100% playable Demo released]

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

[WIP] Operation Fox [100% playable Demo released]

Postby jonnection » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:09 pm

So I got a little tired of working on the Isle of Maniax. The road and opponent game adjustments are boring.

Something I whipped up yesterday to get the creative juices flowing again.

I have all the graphics done, I just need to fix the engine and sound. This is actually a much simpler game than Isle of Maniax.

ImageImage

Last edited by jonnection on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.
jonnection

Re: [WIP] Operation Fox

Postby erico » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:56 pm

I`M IMPRESSED! :O
erico

Postby honolulu » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Your games look professionnal ! Great !
honolulu

Postby Myndale » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Jeez that looks good. I so wish I could do pixel art, as it is I can just about manage a stick figure. :(
Myndale

Postby Marcus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:19 pm

That looks really good :-)
Marcus

Postby Jamish » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Looking great! How will it work? Is it a traditional FPS? Or kind a simulated FPS / lightgun game where you pan across the screen and, like Doom, shoot whatever is lined up in the middle?
Jamish

Postby jonnection » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 pm

Jamish wrote:Looking great! How will it work? Is it a traditional FPS? Or kind a simulated FPS / lightgun game where you pan across the screen and, like Doom, shoot whatever is lined up in the middle?

I don't really know yet. Operation Wolf was a classic game that I really liked, and obviously the source of inspiration here. In that game, the screen scrolls constantly, and you move the crosshair around the screen. But I think a parallax scrolling screen with the possibility of panning back and forth might actually allow for more interesting gameplay. I want the scrolling to be very fast, and I want to avoid making the targeting a super pain. Probably it will be a 'pan and snap to target'. Here I am scrolling slowly just to show the gfx but it can scroll a lot faster.

Ofcourse, since Myndale will invent a lightgun by tomorrow, we can use that :lol:
jonnection

Postby Jamish » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:02 pm

jonnection wrote: I want the scrolling to be very fast, and I want to avoid making the targeting a super pain. Probably it will be a 'pan and snap to target'.

I like that idea. One thing the Gamebuino sorely lacks is a true d-pad, so it can be hard to get diagonal movement. Only requiring left/right would be much easier.
Jamish

Postby Drakker » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Actually he's working on eye tracking 3d cameras. You look at your target and it shoots every time you blink. That would work perfectly for your game!
Last edited by Drakker on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drakker

Postby erico » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:03 am

You could also borrow Cabal´s style of movement, without the character on screen of course.
erico

Next

Return to Project Guidance & Game development