[RELEASED] Fast paced platform shooter

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Re: [WIP] Fast paced platform shooter

Postby Skyrunner65 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:32 am

Thanks to Jonnection's RBoy Tracker, I can try to compose some music! (tomorrow, it was broken today :lol: )
Also, instead of Crabator II, how about Super Crabator, or Crabator's Revenge (If Crabator is a person)?

I'll suggest "Broken Legs" mode.
You cannot move, you have to survive an onslaught of enemies (forever/not forever), and hope that other weapons land close enough for you to reach.
Essentially, your character would be on the left, and the enemies coming from the right.
You could also have it so you have to risk an enemy getting close to you so that they drop stuff.
Skyrunner65

Postby BurningSushi » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Wow, the shooter is playing great, feels pretty nice to play and the variety of weapons is plentiful (although I keep getting killed by my own gun!)

Also thanks for the alpha source, came just as I needed it. I'm figuring out how to instantiate bullets and I was really scratching my head over it.
BurningSushi

Postby rodot » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I should finish that game, I haven't been working on it for a while ^^
I'm not sure you should re-use the code of this game, because I tried to do a fully object-oriented engine, but with the lack of dynamic allocation and casting, I ended up using switch case everywhere, which is pretty messy >_<

Edit: The game is released, please head to the main topic.
rodot
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Project Guidance & Game development