New Game??

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

New Game??

Postby Noahlint403 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:55 am

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a game The thing is is idk about coding i know a little about electronics but nothing about coding i wanted to make a game where u have to battle viruses and u are stuck in a computer in the game but idk if anyone wants to help me on this then great!!!
Noahlint403

Re: New Game??

Postby JWinslow23 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:38 pm

Hello there, Noahlint403! Unorthodox choice for a first post, but OK. Introduce yourself over in this forum, please.

I think your first step is to learn about coding for the Gamebuino. If you know C++, it shouldn't be too hard, as the code has a C++-like syntax. Click here to learn how to learn, and here and here for all Arduino and Gamebuino commands and what they do. Ask on the forums if you're stuck anywhere!

Your next step is to figure out exactly what type of game you want to make. I see ways that your concept could be a platformer-shooter, a vertical-scrolling shooter, a side-scrolling shooter, a rail-shooter, a FPS (and I bet it could fit in other genres than shooter). Maybe it could be a combination of all of them. I think you should have more of an idea of the genre before any one of us continues.

Oh, and I will gladly help you. I'm kind of a beginner as well; it'll be a learning process for the both of us ;)

Hope this helped!
JWinslow23

Re: New Game??

Postby Noahlint403 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Thanks for the help i do need to learn more Il see what I can do
Noahlint403

Return to Project Guidance & Game development