Lcd problems and can i fix it?

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Lcd problems and can i fix it?

Postby REGFly » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Ive been having so many problems withe the lcd and even when i wobble the lcd it gets worse or if i apply pressure to it, anything can happen. I saw that the pins arent soldered on the pcb. Would it work better if i soldered the pins on?
REGFly

Re: Lcd problems and can i fix it?

Postby REGFly » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Update: I took away the casing and i still have these problems
REGFly

Postby rodot » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:17 am

Hi REGFly,
The contact between the screen and the PCB is made by a small conductive piece of rubber on the back of the screen, so you can't solder it. Make sure it's clean and in place. You should get a look at the Troubleshooting page, it explains how to solve screen problems. Sorry for the inconvenience, remember the screens are recycled from old Nokia phones, even though I assemble and test each of them individually before I ship them, some of them might not be super-reliable (yet, most of them works flawlessly). If you really can't get it to work, you can check on eBay, you can get a replacement one for really cheap.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby REGFly » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:40 pm

Just fixed it. There were some weird white stuff on the lcd screens rubberry contact so I cleaned it. I'm going to start learning to make games soon.
REGFly

Postby rodot » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Good to hear ! That's why it's better to keep your Gamebuino in its pouch when you put it in your pockets/bag to avoid dust to get in the rubber contact ;)

Good luck with learning to make games, you probably have already seen it but there is a Getting Started page to install the software and everything, then you can head to the Learning page for a list of examples, tutorials and all. Also keep in mind that you have the Reference page wich sums up all the Gamebuino functions with explanations and examples.
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Project Guidance & Game development