Blockdude

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Re: Blockdude

Postby Sorunome » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:41 pm

rodot wrote:Hey!
I was playing your game and find it really cool, but the controls really bugs me. I feel it would be more intuitive tu use "left" and "right" to move (including when you climb on a crate, instead of "up"), and the "A" button to pick up/drop crates (instead of "down"). You could remap the view button to "B" instead of "A". I got really confused with you controls, but hey, maybe that's just me :lol:
Anyway, kewl game :)

Heehee, thanks! I just copied the controls from the original, in addition it is important that you are able to turn to the side of a wall without climbing up, else some puzzles are impossible, so that totally justifies the up-key for climbing IMO. As to the A button to pick up/drop, that does sound like a good idea, i'll do that in a bit once I have time :)
Sorunome

Postby rodot » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Well then the first press in a direction would turn your character in that direction, and if it's already facing that direction then it moves ? What do you think about that ?
rodot
Site Admin

Postby Sorunome » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Actually, setting picking up to A won't work as that is look and I can't set that to B as that is reset.
So the only thing I could do is that climbing thing.
EDIT: Updated The repo!
Sorunome

Previous

Return to Project Guidance & Game development