Five nights at Freddy 4 - Port

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Five nights at Freddy 4 - Port

Postby Summoner123 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:42 am

Hello all.

I was thinking about a port of Five Nights at Freddy's (survival Horror game) to Gamebuino. It is a amazing game with a simple gameplay.
So I have decided try the port of fourth game...
For the test I tried to make a conversion of some scenaries (the room and Hall) to see how it "look" on the Gamebuino Screen.

So I'm horrible working with graphics(lol).
The black screen is to simulate the flash Light (button A).

I will apreciate any help with this graphics conversion, because I can do it by my self... :/

The other minigames from Fnat4 have a Atari Based Graphics, so it will be Easy to make the Port for gamebuino "capabilities".
Now I'm working with the port of "Nightmare Animatronics" graphics including animations of Animatronics "Jump Scares", a very important piece of the game is a sound efects (steps, Knocks, breathing, etc.).

Here have some screenshoot's of original Closet, Left Hall and Right Hall to compare with my poor conversion... :(
http://www.fulldowngames.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ss_f2024ef4e66e17d89f9c0af8f2ec33c9f873accb.1920x1080.jpg
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/corlpqdez2vson2parsy.png
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/freddy-fazbears-pizza/images/f/fc/Righthall.png/revision/latest?cb=20150730170154
Summoner123

Re: Five nights at Freddy 4 - Port

Postby erico » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:14 am

Well hey Summoner, that looks great! :)
Maybe I can give a hand, but I´m going to be away till a bit after new year soon.
I will check the original and your links.
erico

Postby Summoner123 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:13 am

erico wrote:Well hey Summoner, that looks great! :)
Maybe I can give a hand, but I´m going to be away till a bit after new year soon.
I will check the original and your links.

Thanks Erico.

I would love to have your help, no hurry about this.... :)
Summoner123

Postby superfreaky » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:30 am

I love the idea! But... it might not be possible. If you want lots of sounds like the original (completely necessary to build up the horror) you might be screwed. Sound takes up a lot of processing because of what GB is. So you're really going to need to slim up the code so it still runs with no lag, or alternatively, at a lower framerate or something. (as long as it's better than Faceball 2000 on the gameboy was[4 fps... unplayable IMHO])
superfreaky

Postby Summoner123 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:52 am

superfreaky wrote:I love the idea! But... it might not be possible. If you want lots of sounds like the original (completely necessary to build up the horror) you might be screwed. Sound takes up a lot of processing because of what GB is. So you're really going to need to slim up the code so it still runs with no lag, or alternatively, at a lower framerate or something. (as long as it's better than Faceball 2000 on the gameboy was[4 fps... unplayable IMHO])

Hi guy...!!

Thanks for your replie... Yep, the Sound is Everything in this game, but I thinking about port only the necessary... Without background music just only the sound of animatronic's (animatronics Steps on the hall, or when Knocking the door, or brathing of animatronics and the scream on the jump scare)... I will work with this now, to see the quality os this sounds on the gamebuino hardware.....
Summoner123

Postby superfreaky » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:52 am

Hi guy...!!

Thanks for your replie... Yep, the Sound is Everything in this game, but I thinking about port only the necessary... Without background music just only the sound of animatronic's (animatronics Steps on the hall, or when Knocking the door, or brathing of animatronics and the scream on the jump scare)... I will work with this now, to see the quality os this sounds on the gamebuino hardware.....

Ok, that makes the whole thing much more practical. I you look here (http://gamebuino.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3055&hilit=sd+card+audio+streaming) and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see a video demonstrating how high quality can get. You'd be surprised! Although perhaps you don't need that much quality, because high fidelity audio will take up a lot of space.
superfreaky

Return to Project Guidance & Game development