Who might be interested in a turn-based RPG?

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Who might be interested in a turn-based RPG?

Postby wuuff » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:55 pm

I have been working on a jrpg-style rpg in my free time, and I was curious whether anyone was interested in playing a game like that on their gamebuino. There are other prototypes/works in progress for more Zelda-like action rpgs, but I was wondering if anyone would want to play something with turn based battles.

The graphics are sort of inspired by The Final Fantasy Legend for Gameboy, although not as nice since I'm not an artist. I posted this very early prototype here a while back. I'm trying to provide some variety and tactical choices in the battle system to add some depth.

The world and battle system are basically done, but I still would need to finish a lot of features and add a lot of polish before the game would feel complete. Since there's still a lot of work before the game can be done, I wanted to gauge interest to find out if there would even be an audience for such a game. I don't want to make a game that nobody wants to play.

I also posted this in the MAKERbuino forums.
wuuff

Re: Who might be interested in a turn-based RPG?

Postby Duhjoker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:05 am

In the process of learning how to do that for my dune RPG. I've been able to create part of the battle menu and can draw the battle at random but I could use a lil hands on help with doing damage stuff back and fourth. I would love to calaborate with you and work with you.

My code so far can be found in the battle.h file if you would like to take a look. I've learned a lot lately but I can't figure out how to actually attack, do damage, save current health and then do the opposite.

https://github.com/Duhjoker/Dune_esp32
Duhjoker

Postby jicehel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Sorry for the question Duhjocker, it's maybe easy but what is esb32 ? For me it's the name of a pushbutton. I have miss some episodes, i think...
jicehel

Postby Duhjoker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:35 pm

You have nothing to apolagize for. Im here to answer any questions.

Esp32 is the latest technology from espressif. These are a type of arduino but with with 4mb flash and wifi. Im using it with an ili9341 tft for color graphics.
Duhjoker

Return to Project Guidance & Game development