buinomon open development : story

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Re: buinomon open development : story

Postby AeroQC » Wed May 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Oh? Maybe an immunity to the anti-buinomon virus? This would definitely define the protagonist to be the only one for the job, as his buinomon has that advantage against BES.

Idea:
Research on buinomon that have been affected by the BES serum have lead to an antidote, but the result is unstable. The only buinomon that have so far been dosed with it were test subjects under the care of the protagonist. Before further testing could be done, the anti-serum and research regarding it were stolen by BES.
AeroQC

Postby Joder921 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:03 am

AeroQC wrote:Oh? Maybe an immunity to the anti-buinomon virus? This would definitely define the protagonist to be the only one for the job, as his buinomon has that advantage against BES.

Idea:
Research on buinomon that have been affected by the BES serum have lead to an antidote, but the result is unstable. The only buinomon that have so far been dosed with it were test subjects under the care of the protagonist. Before further testing could be done, the anti-serum and research regarding it were stolen by BES.

Yes! That is what I am talking about! IDK if the protagonist should be the one making the serum. We could still defiantly use it, but maybe if he were a younger character (maybe a teen?) Usually it isn't very fun to control some old scientist, they should be younger (more hip) if you know what I mean.
I was thinking maybe your father is the scientist. One idea is that your dad came in on BES stealing the serum, and got injured. The serum would be too hard to make again. He trusts you the most so he gave you "BES's weakness" (the buinomon that is imune), and sends you on an adventure to get the cure back to save the buinomon.

(Of course this is a community thing, so you guys can decide, just my suggestion.)

Do we want to do a gym type thing, or should you have to battle each one of those mutant Buinomon periodically throughout the game? (At set points, of course, probably around the same distance in game play to each gym in the Pokemon games.)
Just ideas. Tell me what you think :D
Joder921

Postby adekto » Thu May 08, 2014 1:28 am

just a wierd idea for a alt to gyms
since u are going from place to place and the world is so different from place to place high tech city's, abandoned dessert city's, medieval looking towns with more of a folktale vibe around
having some big tournaments in the mayor city's and small competitions in the towns
adekto

Postby SerMagnas3 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:25 am

The ideas that are flowing are great! im not sure if this belongs in this thread, but are we going to have evolutions? if so we can create some tie in to the story. maybe the evolved forms are infected forms of the regular buinómon?
SerMagnas3

Postby AeroQC » Thu May 08, 2014 3:10 am

All right! Now we're cooking with gas!

That's perfect Joder, I love it, it's sentimental, it gives pupose, it's just what we need.

And just a thought, since we're thinking of this Alt-gym thing, maybe tie in the competitions in each town to your search for the BES? It sort of flips the Pokémonway around, where the villain group disrupts your advancement through the league. In Buinomon, your on the trail of the BES spy who stole the research, it just so happens that he/she passes through these towns where there are competitive battles being held.

Any thoughts?
AeroQC

Postby Joder921 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:32 am

I love the idea! Maybe the BES spy competes in these tournaments, and you join the competitions to try and defeat the spy, but they always get away. (although i don't think facing the same person over and over would be good...) multiple spies, and you don't know which one has the serum/plans? It might be hard to implement this idea, i would rather stick to the Buinomon mutants (unless they would be like the elite four, but that would be a lot of battles). Have any ideas? if we could improve on the spy idea, that might work.
Joder921

Postby SerMagnas3 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:33 am

In Pokémon the main goal is becoming the best trainer, and the main character stumbles upon the villains on his journey kinda on accident. Now do we want to make this about pursuing the villains more? or becoming the best "Trainer". itll be hard to implement tournament style battles, if the story is centered around chasing the villains.
SerMagnas3

Postby AeroQC » Fri May 09, 2014 1:57 am

I just thought of a way to implement the tournaments:

The spy with the stolen anti-serum research "accidentally" left behind a note to meet with his contact at the competition in the next town over (our spy is not the most adept in his field for purpose of story). What follows is a wild goose chase for the anti-serum research (à la "your princess is in another castle"), coupled with attempts to stop the protagonist from getting the research indefinitely (i.e. traps, ambushes, etc.), until we have the protagonist arrive at BES HQ.

How about that? Of course, we'll sprinkle some back-story here and there for those who wish to find it.

On a side note: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, W00T!
AeroQC

Postby Joder921 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:48 am

AeroQC wrote:I just thought of a way to implement the tournaments:

The spy with the stolen anti-serum research "accidentally" left behind a note to meet with his contact at the competition in the next town over (our spy is not the most adept in his field for purpose of story). What follows is a wild goose chase for the anti-serum research (à la "your princess is in another castle"), coupled with attempts to stop the protagonist from getting the research indefinitely (i.e. traps, ambushes, etc.), until we have the protagonist arrive at BES HQ.

How about that? Of course, we'll sprinkle some back-story here and there for those who wish to find it.

On a side note: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, W00T!

I think this would be a great idea! As long as we can control the wild goose chase to a manageable and not annoying story. Sometimes it can just become annoying if you do the same stuff over and over. just add some good variety, and were golden!

Btw, are we writing this up on the official document? You have the honors aeroQC, go for it.

Also on a side note: I know right!?!?!
Joder921

Postby Doc » Fri May 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Name idea for the scanning tool:
P - ortable
O - bject
D - igitizer

POD. Sweet and simple and sounds like its purpose.
Doc

PreviousNext

Return to Project Guidance & Game development