Game Archive

Improvements for the web system, applications to moderator, spam, etc.

Re: Game Archive

Postby adekto » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 pm

if we only had our own costume IDE and have a build in (steam like) store in it, wink wink nudge nudge ;)
adekto

Postby zerosimms » Thu May 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Hey all,
I too was thinking along these lines when I heard about Gamebuino, one of the biggest problems I have with my games is promoting them (I don't like too) but I like to stick them on a web site so anyone can play them, that got me thinking about a web site for Gamebunio only games and the ability to find other work because God knows when my one arrives the first thing I'll want to do is pump loads of games onto the SD :)

I spoke to my brother (who is into web development) and he has a MP3 sharing web site that we are going to convert to a Gamebuino site for sharing games, it also has a personal library feature so that you can keep track of the games you have downloaded and re-download them at a later point.
There's other features too like adding screenshots, voting, sharing and comments

Also, at the moment it allows one to sell their game if they choose too, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea maybe it goes against "open source" convention?
Are there any killer features you can think of?
zerosimms

Postby zerosimms » Thu May 01, 2014 7:00 pm

(hopefully this doesn't double post - First attempt didn't go through)

I had a similar idea when I first heard of Gamebuino and started chatting to my brother, he has a mp3 sharing web site that he's built. I mentioned Gamebuino and what I would like to do for a web site and he reckons updating the site to match wouldn't take too much work :) So we decided to go for it

It currently allows you to upload files and screenshots, you will be able to mark it as Complete or WIP. Others can download your game, vote, share and comment back.
You can create a profile that keeps a library of all your downloads so that you can re-download them at a later stage. The front page shows the currently top rated games, but that could change to be anything.

The other feature that I wanted feedback on, is the option to allow a user to set a download price, but I'm not sure that's in fitting with the open source community?

Also, any other killer features you can think of you would like to see?
zerosimms

Postby DFX2KX » Wed May 07, 2014 9:20 am

zerosimms wrote:(hopefully this doesn't double post - First attempt didn't go through)

I had a similar idea when I first heard of Gamebuino and started chatting to my brother, he has a mp3 sharing web site that he's built. I mentioned Gamebuino and what I would like to do for a web site and he reckons updating the site to match wouldn't take too much work :) So we decided to go for it

It currently allows you to upload files and screenshots, you will be able to mark it as Complete or WIP. Others can download your game, vote, share and comment back.
You can create a profile that keeps a library of all your downloads so that you can re-download them at a later stage. The front page shows the currently top rated games, but that could change to be anything.

The other feature that I wanted feedback on, is the option to allow a user to set a download price, but I'm not sure that's in fitting with the open source community?

Also, any other killer features you can think of you would like to see?

Sounds pretty feature-full. The idea of charging for games has come up a few times on the forum already, some like it, some don't. I'd say an option to donate to either Rodot and or the site/developers themselves would work well, like what Humble Bundle does. :D
DFX2KX

Postby zerosimms » Wed May 07, 2014 12:25 pm

A donate button seems a nicer way to handle it :) that way i guess people can donate to the developer of they choose, donations allow the user to decide what they want to pay as well i guess.
Thanks mate, I'll see about getting that integrated. I'll pop up the logo later as well :)
zerosimms

Postby inversesandwich » Sun May 11, 2014 4:36 pm

zerosimms wrote:A donate button seems a nicer way to handle it :) that way i guess people can donate to the developer of they choose, donations allow the user to decide what they want to pay as well i guess.
Thanks mate, I'll see about getting that integrated. I'll pop up the logo later as well :)

How about Dogecoin (or Bitcoin) donations!
inversesandwich

Postby benty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:10 am

Hi Skyrunner65,I suggest to change "The Game Shop"...Database Management System can be used to make a complete set of database :D :D
benty

Previous

Return to Website and Forum