Finishing the reference for the wiki

Improvements for the web system, applications to moderator, spam, etc.

Finishing the reference for the wiki

Postby callmore » Sun May 11, 2014 10:30 am

Well the reference for the wiki is a bit empty, I was thinking that if we all think of descriptions for the functions for the wiki, It will be done faster so rodot does not have to think of all the descriptions, He can just look at this topic and find some good ones (he may edit them on the site but at least credit the creator plz)

Heres one for the gb.menu():
The gb.menu() function displays a menu for the user to select a option from the displayed menu.

Inputs
Menu (string array):
A array of the things you can pick on the menu.
Length (number):
The length of the menu (#define helps).

Returns
(rodot, what does this return?)
Best way:
use case
callmore

Re: Finishing the reference for the wiki

Postby rodot » Mon May 12, 2014 6:24 am

Yep the reference is still empty, I'll create a sample and start to fill it asap.
Don't worry too much about the descriptions, as I created it I think it should be easier for me to describe it. But as I'm not a native English speaker, you'll be free to re-phrase a few things. What do you think about that?
rodot
Site Admin

Postby callmore » Wed May 14, 2014 5:52 am

rodot wrote:Yep the reference is still empty, I'll create a sample and start to fill it asap.
Don't worry too much about the descriptions, as I created it I think it should be easier for me to describe it. But as I'm not a native English speaker, you'll be free to re-phrase a few things. What do you think about that?

Thats fine
callmore

Postby rodot » Thu May 15, 2014 2:47 pm

I began to write the reference, don't hesitate if you have any suggestion.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby rodot » Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 am

I made a small extension on the wiki to allow the use of gist-it. This way we can directly embed code from github using the link:
Code: Select all
<gistit>https://github.com/Rodot/Gamebuino/blob/master/libraries/Gamebuino/Gamebuino.cpp</gistit>

All the Refernce's examples are now on Gamebuino's git. It will allow you to quickly open them in Arduino by clicking File/Examples/Gamebuino/5.Reference.
More info about gist-it https://gist-it.appspot.com/

I also added the Gists extension which allows to insert gists, but you should prefer gist-it. Here is the command to use it
Code: Select all
<gist file="nginx.conf">9263794</gist>

More info about the extension: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Gists
rodot
Site Admin

Postby rodot » Mon May 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Gists extension doesn't appear on the mobile frontend of the wiki (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MobileFrontend). The mobile fronted is such a mess... do anybody has experience with that?
rodot
Site Admin

No reference manual?

Postby Matrix828 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 pm

After receiving my Gamebuino and starting to write some games for it, I looked to the wiki to see what I could do with the Gamebuino library.
Unfortunately, all the functions aren't documented fully and some not at all.
Are these going to be documented soon? Or is there a "manual" of sorts where I can find a full explanation of everything in the library?

Also - how to save things to the SD card is not written anywhere, I've checked the forum as best as I could.
Matrix828

Postby rodot » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:58 am

Hey there, you should take a look at the getting started page, it will answer most of your questions about how to learn how to use Gamebuino and how to put files on the micro SD card.
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Website and Forum