Ghost (EMF) detector

Show us your Gamebuino clone or the last module you made.

Ghost (EMF) detector

Postby rodot » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:37 am

If you think that ghost communicate with us through electromagnetic fields, you might be interested in the following:

It seems that I have a ghost in my alarm clock...

Schematics:
EMF_module_schematics.png
EMF_module_schematics.png (8.32 KiB) Viewed 7618 times

Note: I used a 10M resistor for more sensitivity

Source code:
Code: Select all
#include <SPI.h>
#include <Gamebuino.h>
Gamebuino gb;

int input, prevInput, inputVar;

void setup(){
  gb.begin();
  gb.titleScreen(F("Ghost detector\nRequires EMF module\nAnd I2C pullup disabled"));
  gb.setFrameRate(100);
}

void loop(){
  if(gb.update()){
    input = analogRead(A5);
    inputVar = prevInput - input;
    prevInput = input;
    gb.display.fillRect(0,40,constrain(abs(inputVar), 0, 84), 8);
    if(inputVar > 10)
      gb.sound.playTick();
  }
}
rodot
Site Admin

Re: Ghost (EMF) detector

Postby adekto » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:55 pm

any gameplay feature for this? :shock:
maybe add a temperature sensor, ghosts love the cold
adekto

Postby rodot » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I don't know about a gameplay, I just saw that http://www.aaronalai.com/emf-detector and wanted to make my own.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 pm

rodot wrote:I don't know about a gameplay, I just saw that http://www.aaronalai.com/emf-detector and wanted to make my own.

Bet ya saved a lot of mony over buying a K2 meter! :D They've got all sorts of practacl applications. From paranormal stuff, or finding improperly grounded lighting fixtures...
DFX2KX

Postby HTel » Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Wait, all that hardware can only mean one thing... DO YOU LIVE IN AMERICA? Well, if not(most likely, because I think you live in France...), I'm just saying that if you sell them at stores, you get more money... which leads to more gamebuino + rich Rodot + gamebuino becomes more popular = ok, we got to agree with this... it just equals rich Rodot. Just my idea, if not... try to kickstart it in France then make it popular in USA and CA. Then sell the accessories in the stores. What do you think, oh that must be a nasty ghost. They sit in your alarm clock then reset it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
HTel

Postby DFX2KX » Fri May 30, 2014 8:51 pm

HTel wrote:Wait, all that hardware can only mean one thing... DO YOU LIVE IN AMERICA? Well, if not(most likely, because I think you live in France...), I'm just saying that if you sell them at stores, you get more money... which leads to more gamebuino + rich Rodot + gamebuino becomes more popular = ok, we got to agree with this... it just equals rich Rodot. Just my idea, if not... try to kickstart it in France then make it popular in USA and CA. Then sell the accessories in the stores. What do you think, oh that must be a nasty ghost. They sit in your alarm clock then reset it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The console itself sold VERY well on it's indiegogo campaign (he ended up selling close to a thousand of them. Many of them, like mine, are heading to the states)

An EMF plugin would be a fun addon to to make games for. Make a game called 'Ghost hunter' It requires that you have the EMF detector, and an I2C microphone (edit: and a hauted house). You're score is based on how many times you don't scream like a little girl XD
DFX2KX

Postby lastfuture » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:19 am

Mmmm! Care to share your sketch for this? With the nice geiger counter ticking and the intensity bar?
I have a magnetic implant in my finger so I can feel EMF, and this would be awesome to make visible to curious people where all the things are that I can feel.
lastfuture

Postby rodot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:33 am

No problem, I just updated the first post with schematics and source code.
What you you mean a magnetic implant? What's its purpose? Sounds great, I want one!
rodot
Site Admin

Postby lastfuture » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:08 pm

rodot wrote:No problem, I just updated the first post with schematics and source code.
What you you mean a magnetic implant? What's its purpose? Sounds great, I want one!

Thank you!
I went to the piercing studio and had them implant a neodymium magnet into my finger. I can feel electromagnetic fields as vibrations, it's like a sixth sense :)
Here's a little demonstration:

and I've also recently made a coil, attached it to a bluetooth speaker's amp and turned my finger into a speaker :D
lastfuture

Postby finalzero » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:27 pm

hi,
you can add a program to communicate with the invisible world with such a project?
I'm curious!
finalzero

Next

Return to Hardware Gallery