Bub - Bubble-slurping platform puzzle game

Share your games and programs with the community.

Re: Bub - Bubble-slurping platform puzzle game

Postby Skyrunner65 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 am

I was bored, so I made a level:
Somewhat Simple is the name of the level, I guess.
Skyrunner65

Postby milk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:58 pm

I like your animations html5 version. They are nice, but a little slow. You may want your animations to be fast, more like jumping from one place to another than walking.

This got me thinking, ... and coding aswell. See attached. I only animated the ork walking anf falling, but more can be done, like swallowing a bubble, climbing a ladder, opening a door, reaching the flag, pushing a crate. wip

<-- edit --> I updated the attached zip to contain all .ino files.
Attachments
bub-orkAnimation.zip
(7.19 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Last edited by milk on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milk

Postby penduin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Skyrunner65: That's awesome! I love to see other people create and share maps. I haven't thought of a good way to make a level editor on the Gamebuino version, but if anyone has suggestions (or patches :^) that would be most welcome!

milk: Did you add to sprites.ino? I'm getting undefined refs to 'orkjump1' etc when I try to build.

As for the canvas version, it's been easier to implement motions slowly at first to see what's going on, then speed things up as I get the rest of the gameplay working. I also haven't done much optimizing for cases where it's not running at 60fps yet. (Walking in particular gets really sluggish at lower framerates, which I will get around to fixing.) I'm OK with it having a different, less-immediate feel than the prototype too. It's an experiment in-progress; just thought I'd share. :^)
penduin

Postby milk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:06 pm

milk: Did you add to sprites.ino? I'm getting undefined refs to 'orkjump1' etc when I try to build.

Oops my bad. I modified the zip in my previous post.
milk

Postby Sorunome » Tue May 12, 2015 7:27 pm

I had issues with the contrast being low when starting, so I re-built it and here it is:

(P.S. allowing .HEX attachment uploads would make life easier :) )
Attachments
bub.zip
(21.96 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Sorunome

Postby penduin » Tue May 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Sorunome wrote:I had issues with the contrast being low when starting, so I re-built it and here it is

Is Bub doing something with the contrast? As far as I understood, it should leave the display settings alone. Has there been a major library change for which I should make some alterations?

Do you have a patch, or updated source? Thanks!
penduin

Postby Sorunome » Tue May 12, 2015 8:12 pm

penduin wrote:
Sorunome wrote:I had issues with the contrast being low when starting, so I re-built it and here it is

Is Bub doing something with the contrast? As far as I understood, it should leave the display settings alone. Has there been a major library change for which I should make some alterations?

Do you have a patch, or updated source? Thanks!

I haven't done anything to the source, I suspect that the gamebuino library used to compile it was an older version.
Sorunome

Postby penduin » Tue May 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Ahh. I'd better get on that then. Been away from this scene too long! Anything I should read, guides or pitfalls to avoid when updating stuff? Wouldn't want to cause any damage to my or any other Gamebuino. :^)
penduin

Postby Sorunome » Tue May 12, 2015 8:55 pm

penduin wrote:Ahh. I'd better get on that then. Been away from this scene too long! Anything I should read, guides or pitfalls to avoid when updating stuff? Wouldn't want to cause any damage to my or any other Gamebuino. :^)

Shouldn't cause any damage, you should be able to just download the newer library and recompile.
Sorunome

Postby penduin » Thu May 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Thanks for the info! I've rebuilt and updated the zip file. Does that version work happily? No code changes, just used the newer gamebuino library.
penduin

PreviousNext

Return to Games Gallery