BigBlackBox is now available!

Share your games and programs with the community.

Re: BigBlackBox

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:19 am

I'm thinking about the gif... Can someone try to make a gif of the first level of my game please?
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby rodot » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:37 am

Here you go ! Good game :)

I agree that both the FPS is slow on the emulator (the GIF runs at full speed though), and the gameplay is slow (because I'm used to super meat boy so it's fine haha).
I think you have a 1 pixel offset on the X axis : sometimes I'm visually touching the wall but can't wall-jump, and sometimes I'm 1 pixel away from the wall and can still wall-jump.

Keep it up !

blackbox.gif
blackbox.gif (361.65 KiB) Viewed 11808 times
rodot
Site Admin

Postby yawn » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:00 am

STUDIOCRAFTapps wrote:
yawn wrote:I find it a little slow but it's very cool! And beautiful too :)

Slow? You're not to first to say to the game is slow but want kind of slow? The movement? The fps? The movements look ok to me, I let my play my game to about 7 people and almost everybody say that it was hard to understand but fluid to play. If it's the fps... My Gamebuino run it ok and the emulator too. I can speed up the player but it will scrap my level design, every level has been tested and verified to be fair... But I'm happy that it work, i've started the developpement of the game around Halloween and i'm so happy that my project is going to be done.

Yes it's just the player. Not a big deal anyway. Still one one of my fave gb games so far :)

And for the gif... I'll receive a Hard disk, it will allow me to run Windows on Mac because 128Go is not that much to run both...

Also, what is Console Block? It's a vvvvveeeeeerrrrryyyy Unity3d computer game, basically, it's a not-align blocky style game (a bit like Minecraft but the blocks are not aligned correctly with each other):

Console Block is a "Sandbox" type game where you need to use programming and construction to advance your world, for example, to make a vehicle, build wheel, engine, tie a steering wheel and a seat. For your vehicle to work, why not add a batteries that stores solar energy? To be able to control all this, you need a console, program it so that it receives information from the steering wheel to be able to control the four engines that advance your vehicle. From pumps to the joystick to loudspeakers and mechanical arms there is everything you need! All that remains is to survive the rain of meteorite or the wild animals ... What will be your next adventure?

If you want to see some gameplay part: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9YPqCDYT5z1gMu9LyxO7iw(This game just have 1 years of development and these video are very old, a lot of progress have been made since the beggining of the developpement).

Looks cool! Will it run on Windows XP?
yawn

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm developping the game for mac and i use my Macbook Air for testing ... If the game is not fluid on the Macbook Air (Worst apple computer for gaming but i still run 50fps on LoL), it will surelly not be playable on Windows XP... ;)
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:00 pm

rodot wrote:Here you go ! Good game :)

I agree that both the FPS is slow on the emulator (the GIF runs at full speed though), and the gameplay is slow (because I'm used to super meat boy so it's fine haha).
I think you have a 1 pixel offset on the X axis : sometimes I'm visually touching the wall but can't wall-jump, and sometimes I'm 1 pixel away from the wall and can still wall-jump.

Keep it up !

blackbox.gif

Do you want to know why you can wall-jump when there's 1 pixel offset? That's simple. The player have a visually changing body size, when the player goes up, the body is "squash" but the collider stay to 8 by 8. If the body is the same as the collider, there's a lot of physic glitch going on.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:01 pm

UPDATE: There's 4 map to do left.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby erico » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:18 pm

That gif is looking really great!
erico

Postby albertinjo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:13 pm

Whoah! This is looking really good. Keep up the good work!
albertinjo

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:56 pm

UPDATE: There's 3 Map, two cinematics and some sprites to do left!
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:59 am

Pour rodot: J'ai caché quelque petits "Easter Egg" dans le jeu :)
STUDIOCRAFTapps

PreviousNext

Return to Games Gallery