Pacman Clone Pre-Alpha [Update #5; RC #1; WIP]

Share your games and programs with the community.

Re: Capnam (Pacman Clone) Pre-Alpha [Update #3; WIP]

Postby Sot0 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I fixed the Speed of the Game, its now very close to the Original i would say. It was actually a lot easier than i had thought, Rodot did a really great Job with the Library!

Next things to do are the Maze and the Ghost AI.

When the Exam is over on wednesday, i will upgrade my arduino Clone with some buttons and then hopefully be able to update Capnam.

https://github.com/Sot0/Gamebuino/blob/ ... Serial.ino

Regards
Sot0
Sot0

Re: Capnam (Pacman Clone) Pre-Alpha [Update #4; WIP]

Postby Sot0 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Implemented a basic maze structure, i think i will make a remix of the Original paacman Maze so that everything fits in 84x48 pixels without scrolling.
I have not implemented collision detection, so capnam can walk through walls :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/z96bdB5.jpg

Here is the Code:

https://github.com/Sot0/Gamebuino/blob/ ... Serial.ino

Regards
Sot0
Sot0

Postby Payday02 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:08 pm

Looks good man. I've hit a problem though, I tried to get it to work on the emulator and the ghost goes a little bit down the screen and freezes. I looked but couldn't find the problem (it may be really apparent but I only breezed through). I'm just telling you now so that you don't get far along and have to go hunting for what is causing the problem.

The game looks awesome though! Can't wait to see it on the Gamebuino screen! :D
Payday02

Postby Sot0 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Payday02 wrote:Looks good man. I've hit a problem though, I tried to get it to work on the emulator and the ghost goes a little bit down the screen and freezes. I looked but couldn't find the problem (it may be really apparent but I only breezed through). I'm just telling you now so that you don't get far along and have to go hunting for what is causing the problem.

The game looks awesome though! Can't wait to see it on the Gamebuino screen! :D

Did you move capnam? Because if you dont move him, he doesnt get drawn and the ghost will move to his position in order to catch him and will stay there. But thanks for the Feeback! ;)
Sot0

Postby Sot0 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:22 am

My Gamebuino just arrived, so i hope i will get to programming in the next days :D

Thanks Rodot!

Last edited by Sot0 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sot0

Postby rodot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:31 am

inversesandwich wrote:You should get it running as fast as possible, then artificially slow it down using delay().

DO NOT DO THAT
Everything is timed using gb.update(). It manages sound, buttons, stable frame rate and everything. If you put a delay somewhere in your code it will just hang there.

Sot0 wrote:My Gamebuino just arrived, so i hope i will get to programming in the next days Thanks Rodot!

Great, good luck with programming!
PS: you should lower the size of your pictures to a width of about 600px, the you can add them as an attachment and display them inline instead of linking to an external host.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby Sot0 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:22 pm

rodot wrote:
inversesandwich wrote:You should get it running as fast as possible, then artificially slow it down using delay().

DO NOT DO THAT
Everything is timed using gb.update(). It manages sound, buttons, stable frame rate and everything. If you put a delay somewhere in your code it will just hang there.

Sot0 wrote:My Gamebuino just arrived, so i hope i will get to programming in the next days Thanks Rodot!

Great, good luck with programming!
PS: you should lower the size of your pictures to a width of about 600px, the you can add them as an attachment and display them inline instead of linking to an external host.

I know i wont use delay().

Yes i know i should make it smaller, but i was in a hurry :lol:
Sot0

Re: Pacman Clone Pre-Alpha [Update #5; RC #1; WIP]

Postby Sot0 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:46 pm

So i released the first Version. Please dont expect much fun, since its only the basic structure of the Game :lol:

RC #1:
Working:
-Title Screen with Logo
-Game start
-Basic Maze
-Quit to menu
-Move
-AI moves
-Game over (50%)

Not Working:
- Collision

Download RC#1