Games gallery template & rules

Share your games and programs with the community.

Games gallery template & rules

Postby rodot » Thu May 29, 2014 7:41 am

Hello everybody,

This part of the forum is meant to discuss about the games you created. Please add them to the Games page of the wiki. Instructions are detailed at the bottom of the Games page. Please read them carefully.

The Games page of the wiki is for games which have a minimum of gameplay implemented. For games in early development and work in progress you can post in Project Guidance & Game development.

Two kindly reminders :

If you already use the latest version of the library (v0.2 from Sept, 13 2014) everything is fine. If you don't, please re-compile your games and update the binaries (.HEX and .ELF) so the settings works properly. If you don't the Gamebuino fall back on the default values, and it can cause problems especially with the contrast setting, which could make your game un-playable. Thanks!

Please also make sure that the user will be able to get back to the title screen (usually by pressing 'C'), or he will have to restart the console to change the game (when you press 'C' while in the title screen).

Thanks for your understanding!
rodot
Site Admin

Re: Games gallery template & rules

Postby ripper121 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Yes a template *-* thank you
ripper121

Postby rodot » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:42 am

The new fancy Games gallery page on the wiki is now online and running. You can now add your games, and please tell me if there is something you don't understand.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby erico » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:27 pm

Looking awesome!
I have the game´s name going over the author´s name here, is that suppose to be that way? (chrome)

Again, it looks really great!
erico

Postby rodot » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:51 pm

The only one who got his games name above his name is Yoda because it took too long names, for example author:"YODASVIDEOARCADE (YODA ZHANG)" and game name "YODA'S ASTEROCKS". I understand that he's proud of his games (they are great, sincerely), but he's put his name three times instead of one... so yeah there is some overlapping ^^
If he used author: "YODASVIDEOARCADE" and game name: "ASTEROCKS" it would be just fine.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby erico » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:09 am

Yep, I agree that with the current space it is better to try to make it fit neat.
I do have SUPERSPACESHOOTER, DEATH MAZE and SOKOBUINO also overlapping.

It is no trouble at all, better people create simpler names/signatures to fit the mold if they wish.
Again, the page looks superb, support for animated gif is really wonderful. :)
erico

Postby rodot » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:06 am

Well, I thought people would choose shorter names for their games as the name can only be 8 character long on the micro SD card. I'll see if I can improve that, but I'm not sure it's a major issue for now ^^

With me sokobuino is fine, I tried it with several web browsers.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (40.43 KiB) Viewed 16806 times
rodot
Site Admin

Postby erico » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:02 pm

I would not worry about that, it is not an issue at all me thinks.

But just for the record, here is what I get:
Attachments
game.jpg
game.jpg (101.2 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
erico

Postby rodot » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Mmh, that becaues you don't have "Gill Sans MT" so it falls back to "sans-serif", which is wider... I'll look for a way to solve that.
Edit: should be OK now, webfont added using font-face
rodot
Site Admin

Postby rodot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:33 am

Hello everybody,

Two kindly reminders :

If you already use the latest version of the library (v0.2 from Sept, 13 2014) everything is fine. If you don't, please re-compile your games and update the binaries (.HEX and .ELF) so the settings works properly. If you don't the Gamebuino fall back on the default values, and it can cause problems especially with the contrast setting, which could make your game un-playable. Thanks!

Please also make sure that the user will be able to get back to the title screen (usually by pressing 'C'), or he will have to restart the console to change the game (when you press 'C' while in the title screen).

I made a compilation of all the games HEX files (which are v0.2 updated) so you can easily put all the games on your Gamebuino at once. By the way I re-compiled Yoda's games with the latest version, because they really deserve to be play. This is the list of the games I put the the brand new Gamebuino, if you don't want your game to be shipped, or if I missed your game, don't hesitate to contact me.
rodot
Site Admin

Next

Return to Games Gallery