Crabator

Share your games and programs with the community.

Crabator

Postby rodot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Crabator is the fist game I made to showcase Gamebuino's features. I'm taking it out of the Gamebuino's examples as it's not really... exemplary. The code is a real mess as I kept adding features without restructuring.

Download & source
Download .zip containing source, hex, elf
GitHub repository

Description
Crabator is an intense action game where you kill crabs to make money to buy weapons to kill crabs to make money, etc. but watch out, the more crabs you kill the more they are. Each small crab killed gives you $1, each boss gives you $5. Once you have at least $5 you can buy a crate which will give you half a heart and upgrade your weapon. If you run out of ammunition, your weapon is downgraded.

rodot
Site Admin

Re: Crabator

Postby Matrix828 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:55 pm

The best and my favourite game on the gamebuino!
My high score is a measly 80 though
Matrix828

Postby rodot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks! :)
I didn't go over 120 yet... a friend of mine made more than 200 points! above 100-200 (I don't remember the exact number) the difficulty is constant, so it's just a matter of endurance... and luck, as there is only bosses spawning if you reach a high level ^^
rodot
Site Admin

Postby NFBit » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:40 am

This reminds me of a certain Dreamcast game... I can't quite remember it.
NFBit

Postby Exocet » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Great game, one of my favourites on the Gamebuino.

Makes me think of Vlambeer's Nuclear Throne somehow :lol:

Exocet

Postby superfreaky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:07 am

Would you mind if I were to use your code to make a game of my own? Or do you think I would be better off starting from scratch? How much space would be left for sounds and cuteness? LOL, cutscenes. Also, fyi, i'm making (well, going to make) an attempt at a port of Alien Shooter. (MAKE 'EM BLEED!)
[EDIT] I had a look at the file, it says it's 67 kb. How does the gb even run that?
superfreaky

Postby rodot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:57 am

Exocet wrote:Great game, one of my favourites on the Gamebuino.
Makes me think of Vlambeer's Nuclear Throne somehow :lol:

Thanks ! I didn't know about this game, yeah it looks quite familiar :lol:

superfreaky wrote:Would you mind if I were to use your code to make a game of my own? Or do you think I would be better off starting from scratch? How much space would be left for sounds and cuteness? LOL, cutscenes. Also, fyi, i'm making (well, going to make) an attempt at a port of Alien Shooter. (MAKE 'EM BLEED!)
[EDIT] I had a look at the file, it says it's 67 kb. How does the gb even run that?

Sure you can use it, but the code is pretty messy so you might prefer starting from scratch ^^
The .hex files are larger because there is extra info in there (addresses, checksums and stuff), not only the binary data.
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Games Gallery