Game Design Student from UW Stout

Introduce yourself!

Game Design Student from UW Stout

Postby DrWhoCares » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Hello, I am a student from UW Stout campus in Wisconsin, USA. I recently found this and have be absolutely amazed by all of it.

I am in the Game Design and Development major in my school, with focus on Computer Science. I have plenty of other students who would love to work on their own Gamebunios as well!

I absolutely cannot wait until the shop is up and running and I can purchase my own so I can begin coding right away. Thanks for making this wonderful device!
DrWhoCares

Re: Game Design Student from UW Stout

Postby Myndale » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Welcome to the forums! Don't forget there are two emulators available for download so it's possible to play games and start development even before Rodot makes the official hardware available again. And of course if you check the hardware section of the forums you'll see quite a few of us have built our own Gamebuinos, the parts are all readily available and a basic model only takes an hour or so to breadboard.
Myndale

Postby DFX2KX » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:24 pm

As Myndale said, Welcome to the Forums! I got started on the Emulators myself (well, only one emulator was around at that point. Myndale's Simbuino is new).

It's not too hard to learn the in's and outs if you know a bit of C. If you don't, it just takes more patience.
DFX2KX

Postby DrWhoCares » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks! I've downloaded the emulators and such, and just need to get around to looking into it even further and trying out a few programs.
DrWhoCares

Return to Presentation