Ello'!

Introduce yourself!

Ello'!

Postby Quirby64 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 am

Hello people, I'm Quirby64!
I just feel like pointing it out right now, but none of the emulators are working for me. I'm just gonna try getting one for a certain holiday and try to help people out with pixel art. Because I've gotten (kinda) good at working with limitations. Is there a place I could put that stuff? Because they're ideas for games .o.

Ah nerp I hope I did it right -o-;
Quirby64

Re: Ello'!

Postby Myndale » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi Quirby64, welcome to the forums.

I maintain the Simbuino emulator, can you provide me with any info on why it's not working for you? Is it crashing, or are you running Linux?
Myndale

Postby Quirby64 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:57 pm

Thank you for the welcome .o. And I use Linux
I've been trying Simbunio the most, because most of the things I needed for it couldn't work on Linux. It always says I don't have Windows NET 4.5, and when I try it on another PC in my house it says it was corrupted. I...don't really know. :?
Quirby64

Postby Drakker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:09 am

Simbuino works okay-ish in a virtual machine if needed. That's what I do on my Mac. It stutters sometimes, but most of the time it's ok.
Drakker

Postby Quirby64 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:56 am

Welp. I tried two Windows emulators, and both failed to run it. I think I'll wait for now and maybe try blindly coding and more pixels of the sort...wondering how that'll go. :o I WOULD try a Mac emulator, but the last time I used anything Mac-related the window just pops up frozen for a bit and then I end up having to close it.
Quirby64

Postby Drakker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:00 am

You don't want an emulator or a translation layer for the purists, even though they may work, it's a pain. You want a real virtual machine like Virtual Box or VMWare, where you install Windows in it as if it was a real computer.
Drakker

Return to Presentation