Singapore calling

Introduce yourself!

Singapore calling

Postby carlosmari » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:43 am

Hello all,

I am Carlos; originally from Caracas, Venezuela - but having lived all over the world: Spain, Mexico, Australia and now Singapore. Married, two kids, "stay-at-home-dad"

Professionally, I am one of those boring people that write SQL and back-end code for a living. Nothing fancy...

Initially I bought a Gamebuino unit when the campaign came out: and as someone who grew up in the eighties, I could not resist the urge to get my hands on one of these retro-marvellous-things. I wish I had one when I was fourteen...

A tip of the sombrero to rodot, myndale and the rest of the geniuses who made this happen.

I have been lurking on this site for the last few months, but as I was engaged in other projects I never got around to actually "write code" for the Gamebuino. But with the downtime before the silly season, I have managed to write a little trivial clone of the 2048 puzzle game: "A 2 K" - which I am posting in the games section. I promise the next project will be more interesting - but I wanted something simple to test the end-to-end process of writing for it. Simple. Nice. I haven't used mush Processing before, but I think rodot made a very smart choice.

adios, C-M
carlosmari

Re: Singapore calling

Postby Myndale » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:07 am

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to playing your game and seeing how well the genre transitions to Gamebuino.

Wish I could be a stay-at-home dad, I'm sure I'd fall even further down the Gamebuino rabbit-hole :)
Myndale

Return to Presentation