yo

Introduce yourself!

yo

Postby deerbite » Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 am

Hey everybody, I just registered for this forum :) I heard about the Gamebuino about a week or two ago, and I ordered one right away. I haven't received it yet, but I am really looking forward to using it!

I heard about the Gamebuino after I heard about the (similar) Arduboy, which I am also getting. I think the Gamebuino is a bit better though! ;)

I know nothing about programming, and never had any interest in doing it until I heard about these devices... They have really inspired me to get an Arduino (soon) and start learning how to make some awesome games! Heck, I'm typing this on a brand new laptop that I got a couple of hours ago to use with Gamebuino, Arduboy, and Arduino!!!

My background is in art, but a couple of years ago I got into DIY electronics. I've circuit bent a bunch of toys and keyboards and stuff, and I build little noiseboxes that I sell on eBay. Shameless plug: http://www.ebay.com/sch/gooogler/m.html ... pg=&_from=

I grew up with the Nintendo and the Gameboy (and Atari) so 8 bit games are very near and dear to me. I am also a chiptune musician, I use Gameboys, the NES, the Commodore64, the Atari and other synths, etc. under the name Deerbite. Another shameless plug: https://deerbite.bandcamp.com/

That ep is mostly LSDJ. I hope to be able to create some Chiptune using the Gamebuino!!! And to combine my own music/SFX with my own video game would be a dream come true!

Well, I think that's about it for now... I look forward to meeting the Gamebuino community! I am in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the United States, by the way.
deerbite

Re: yo

Postby Sorunome » Sat May 23, 2015 9:44 am

Heya, welcome to the gamebuino forums!
I sure hope you'll enjoy your stay :)
Sorunome

Postby erico » Sat May 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Welcome yo, there are a few projects going on pushing to make a tracker for the gamebuino.
You also have Rodot´s system with excell that currently works, but it is a bit hard for me to understand.

Check the Forum for the WIP trackers, they are superb.
Cheers!
erico

Postby deerbite » Sat May 23, 2015 11:48 pm

Curious about "Rodot's System with Excell"? ... What is that?
deerbite

Postby erico » Sun May 24, 2015 12:19 am

This quick search may enlight:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=617&p=2841&hilit=music+excell#p2841

I did a bit of trying but I wasen´t quite successful with it, but it is just me.
There are more info around.
erico

Postby Jerom » Sun May 24, 2015 9:48 am

Welcome deerbite! I can't wait to hear what you'll do on the gamebuino!

By the way, your lo-fi+noise+chiptune bandcamp EP is really great :)
Jerom

Postby deerbite » Sun May 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Hey thanks! I hope to put out the next ep within a few months, hopefully. There will be 4 in all, eventually.
deerbite

Return to Presentation