Greetings, folks!

Introduce yourself!

Greetings, folks!

Postby DFX2KX » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Hello! I'm DFX2KX. I ordered a Gamebuino a few days ago, can't wait to give it a whirl

This'll be my first foray into Arduino hardware as well, so that should be interesting.

I'm looking to potentially do some mods to the device, when I get the chance (bigger battery, headphone jack, ect). I might make a second one myself, just for challenge sake. I'm I'm curious, what do you guys plan to do with yours, when you get it?
DFX2KX

Re: Greetings, folks!

Postby adekto » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm

hi welcome to the forums
im as excited as u are my plans is more on software but i ordered more then 1 so im hoping to keep one zipped up in the package for me to reflect on in 10 years :P im really way to invested in this project.
but mainly i want to play everyone there games and see my own being played by others

i also do want a giant battery or some sort of small solar panel onto it (not that it will see many sunlight)
adekto

Postby DFX2KX » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:05 am

Yeah, the selection of home-made games for this thing aught to be interesting to try out! I'm not sure what sort of games/software I'll make for it, but it clearly does have the ability to do some surprising things.
DFX2KX

Postby Prozwolf » Sat May 31, 2014 2:15 am

Hello,

Before i ordered my Gamebuino, i had a small taste of using an arduino. I've always loved tanks and i decided to make a small controllable tank.

Originally, it was going to use an IR controller from scorpio technologies, unfortunately, it didn't work, so then i used a RF controller from teh same company, which also didn't work - I'd like to point out here that it's human error here, the controllers were waaaay to complicated.

So then a teacher suggested that i use an arduino with a motor shield to control the tank.

It worked well, however, i was unable to fit a portable battery pack nor find any wireless modules for it, not to mention that the tank broke in the end.

Well, i'm planning on building another tank, and this time, using a Gamebuino to control it!
Prozwolf

Postby DFX2KX » Sat May 31, 2014 6:12 pm

Prozwolf wrote:Hello,

Before i ordered my Gamebuino, i had a small taste of using an arduino. I've always loved tanks and i decided to make a small controllable tank.

Originally, it was going to use an IR controller from scorpio technologies, unfortunately, it didn't work, so then i used a RF controller from teh same company, which also didn't work - I'd like to point out here that it's human error here, the controllers were waaaay to complicated.

So then a teacher suggested that i use an arduino with a motor shield to control the tank.

It worked well, however, i was unable to fit a portable battery pack nor find any wireless modules for it, not to mention that the tank broke in the end.

Well, i'm planning on building another tank, and this time, using a Gamebuino to control it!

I2C motor controller with h-bridge should be able to do that. the only external connections you can access on the Gamebuino like this are I2C, or SPI, but that's a lot more complicated.
DFX2KX

Return to Presentation