So Excited!

Introduce yourself!

So Excited!

Postby zerosimms » Thu May 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Hello all

My name is Ben, I'm a Indie developer with a few simple games under my belt. Really looking forward to making some Gamebuino ports!
I've done a bit of Arduino in the past and really enjoyed the physical hands on, so the Gamebuino is the perfect combo for me, hardware and software!

Where is that post man!?! :)
zerosimms

Re: So Excited!

Postby dotdan » Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Hey Ben.

me too.
Gamebuino ports, of all the games on your site?

-Daniel
dotdan

Postby zerosimms » Fri May 02, 2014 5:55 am

Hey Dotdan,

Not all of them, but two of them. The plan is to start with Power Glove Monkey because that's a really simple concept with very little actors, for me would be a good intro into c++. I really don't want to underestimate how tricky some of this will be :) (Oh and this game would be played in portrait mode, much like Gauntlet was played on the Atari Lynx)

After that, I would love to do a simple version of sub attack because I think it would work and fit perfectly on that little lcd screen. Then once I have a better understanding over everything maybe a game like "hall of the things"... but that's a long way.

I'm also so eager to see what other people do and the other applications/purposes other than games... Fun times ahead.

What about yourself? Do you have a "gameplan"?
zerosimms

Postby dotdan » Fri May 02, 2014 9:45 am

Thank you for the explanation.

I am going to develope a pipe game with a friend of mine in JAVA.

first shoots of the GDD

-daniel
dotdan

Postby zerosimms » Fri May 02, 2014 10:04 am

Pipe game being one where you need to place pipe parts to allow the water to flow within in a set time?
zerosimms

Postby dotdan » Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 pm

zerosimms wrote:Pipe game being one where you need to place pipe parts to allow the water to flow within in a set time?

Correct. You have to match Point A and B with different kinds of pipes before the the water is going through it.

Cheers
Daniel
dotdan

Postby DFX2KX » Wed May 07, 2014 8:44 am

dotdan wrote:
zerosimms wrote:Pipe game being one where you need to place pipe parts to allow the water to flow within in a set time?

Correct. You have to match Point A and B with different kinds of pipes before the the water is going through it.

Cheers
Daniel

That reminds me of Bioshock's little minigame. Which could be hella challenging.

Also, Welcome, Zero!
DFX2KX

Return to Presentation