Hello from Montréal

Introduce yourself!

Hello from Montréal

Postby nathanrosspowell » Fri May 30, 2014 4:07 am

I thought it would be rude to not make my first post in the introduction section, so here we go!

Hi all, my name is Nathan Powell and currently I am a professional programmer in the games industry (at Ubisoft Montreal). My younger brother actually supported the IndieGoGo campaign to get me a GameBuino as a surprise birthday gift. It is going to be most appreciated!

My only previous experience with embedded hardware was in university. I programmed a two-player snake game on a custom ARM chip, cell phone keypad, LCD screen, XBEE creation my tutors made. It was a lot of fun. Right now after just finishing a massive project using a monolith of an engine - creating something from scratch seems very appealing.

It has been a while since I have been active on any kind of message board. Hopefully while I am here I will be able to learn a lot and maybe contribute a few things as well :mrgreen:

Cheers!

(To anyone expecting French; I am not a native, I only just arrived from England, je suis désolé! Maybe one day I will do the language some justice.)
nathanrosspowell

Re: Hello from Montréal

Postby Drakker » Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Good to see so many Quebecers on board. :)
Drakker

Postby DFX2KX » Fri May 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Welcome to the forums! As an amateur (who's just learning C, Game Maker and text games before that), It's awesome to see pros in the forums! I've already learned quite a bit from the more experienced of those here.

It's been an easy enough console for me to wrap my head around. But the 2kb of ram, lack of hardware floating point, and cellphone screen aught to give a fair decent challenge for someone of your skill level. I'm sure the games that you more advanced guys will crank out will be impressive, to say the least.

Also, FYI, there's an emulator on the forums as well, if you wanna take a poke at it. That's been what I've used while waiting for mine.
DFX2KX

Postby nathanrosspowell » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks everyone. Getting the emulator up and running is high on my todo list! :)
nathanrosspowell

Return to Presentation