Hey (JB's presentation)

Introduce yourself!

Hey (JB's presentation)

Postby JBS » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Hey there,

I'm JB, 16, from France. I'm very interested in GameBuino by the perspective of creating my own games and controlling stuff with the upcoming modules (an IR LED would be very handy). My childhood was marked by Nintendo (Zelda and Pokemon in particular) That's the kind of games I want to recreate here, I know more or less how to program an Arduino and hope it wouldn't be so difficult on a GBuino (Mostly with the graphical stuff). I've done a few texture packs for Minecraft but using only three colors here will be a real challenge. I'm here to get better at programming and entertain myself as much as possible.

Have a nice day everyone,

JB
JBS

Re: Hey (JB's presentation)

Postby adekto » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:07 pm

welcome to the forum, im looking forward to the games u can make

curently there is a pokemon inspired project going on, so u can help out if u want, its called buinomon
adekto

Postby DFX2KX » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:43 am

JBS wrote:I know more or less how to program an Arduino and hope it wouldn't be so difficult on a GBuino (Mostly with the graphical stuff).

If you know you're way around Arduino, then you shouldn't have too much trouble with Gamebuino, all of the SPI stuff to the screen, the audio system, and buttons are handled by the library. I know practically nothing about Arduino in general, but I've managed to figure it out for the most part.

There's also an emulator for it, if you wanna test your code. It doesn't do some things (like the SD card), but it's pretty close overall.
DFX2KX

Postby JBS » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:15 pm

There's also an emulator for it, if you wanna test your code.

Yeah I saw it scrolling trough the forum, I downloaded it but couldn't figure out how to launch it. I think its because I'm on a Mac, so I'll stick waiting for the original GB to be buyable again.
JBS

Postby DFX2KX » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:51 am

JBS wrote:
There's also an emulator for it, if you wanna test your code.

Yeah I saw it scrolling trough the forum, I downloaded it but couldn't figure out how to launch it. I think its because I'm on a Mac, so I'll stick waiting for the original GB to be buyable again.

yeah, that'll do it. you can compile it on a Max, I believe, but the windows exe only works on Windows.
DFX2KX

Return to Presentation